FX Crown FAC

I’m putting a variation in for an fac air rifle. Also, I think it will most likely be a crown. The thing is, would I be better off with .22 or .25 with regard to versatility? I’m not interested in chasing rimfire performance as I already have those and centrefire, so it will be used mainly in situations where a rimfire would be too dangerous or unsuitable. I would be interested in your opinions before I submit the paperwork, especially anyone who has used both of these calibres in fac air. I should also say that I don’t want both .22 and .25, just one or the other. Thanks in advance.

I have been shooting an FX Impact .25 fac for three years and love the calibre. I originally put in for a .25 plus a .22 barrel but in all honesty, the .25 has done everything I asked of it so I never bothered to by the .22 barrel set.

Villaman will be along soon as he has a .25 Impact and a .22 Crown both fac and I know he loves the Crown. Whichever you go for, they are both superb in fac.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Hi, like Phil said I have .25 impact plus a crown .22 , both are superb, but I shoot the crown more . Out of the box it will be running about 33 ftlbs with 18 gr AA fields heavies and very accurate . I had my tuned and now shooting 21 gr slugs @ 40 ftlbs  and it’s lethal from 20 yards out to 130 plus yards . This the reason I haven’t put. .22lr in my cabinet yet , as I believe it will do the same and more with H&N slugs and not just my findings but a few others on here 

• Thanks 1

Great replies, thanks fellas. 

Still not sure which to go for..........?

Could I ask what shot count can be expected in .25 standard set up, and what shot count in .22 at both 33ft lb and 40 ft lb?

This could be a deciding factor.

Thanks in advance ?

ive been using an impact .25 for last 18months, its doing 880fps using jsb heavy 34gn shot count is about 80ish@56ftlb

this was a 96 yrd the other night and I was picking them off at 134 along a wood line from top of a bank no problem after I sussed the right hold over!

3089FDF4-D525-4C3C-B940-23743511C08C_1_201_a.jpeg.8d92924a6d1851e4e112ae53508a4604.jpeg

I never change the power and use it at that for the rats and birds.. you can knock the power down and use lighter pellets and get a better shot count. 

shot the crown in sub 12 and its a nice rifle to use, never thought about .22 air or rimfire as this will do me for rabbits and got bigger stuff for foxes and deer!

• Like 3

Mitch or pav can tell you the shot count as they have fac crowns

mine is sub 12 and around 720 shots in 22

i think pav is selling his may be worth a shout out to him

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,iv had some of the best rifles money can buy but this crown is one of the most accurate rifles iv had

and if it were not for my van fecking up it would not be up for sale but needs must

• Like 1

Well the lotto has just been done so if my ticket comes up Jimmy, I will sort your van mate so you don't need to sell the Crown.  We can add it to the list of things we said you and I will do if the other wins.........

Phil

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Mitch or pav can tell you the shot count as they have fac crowns

mine is sub 12 and around 720 shots in 22

i think pav is selling his may be worth a shout out to him

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,iv had some of the best rifles money can buy but this crown is one of the most accurate rifles iv had

and if it were not for my van fecking up it would not be up for sale but needs must

Jimmy my van is fcuked as from today ,  not only that had my garage broken into on Thursday night £10, 000 of work tools , shooting gear and my beloved off road bike got stolen and the coppers not even interested  , wankers . Just waiting for the third thing to happen now 

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Jimmy my van is fcuked as from today ,  not only that had my garage broken into on Thursday night £10, 000 of work tools , shooting gear and my beloved off road bike got stolen and the coppers not even interested  , wankers . Just waiting for the third thing to happen now 

Seriously bad news Mitch, very sorry to hear that mate.

Phil

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Sorry to hear that, I know what it's like, I was working in Tilbury  & my van got turned over in broad daylight,  I lost all my work tools , just under £5000 worth, coppers didn't even bother investergating it, crime number was open all of 10 minutes! I didn't have tool cover on my insurance,  the only thing I was thankfull for was they chucked my bag out the way and left it, there was £3500 in cash in the bag .

So i got nothing for doing a full McDonald's refurbishment. 

At least the cash was safe. Just hoping the insurance will pay up on my bike that is about £3500 to replace with all the bits on it. Insurance company have said they will try and help me out on the work tools 

just can’t believe my van has gone tits up as well , only done 120k , so another £18 k to spend now on another one