At first, I welcomed VAR.  Wrong!  It's a disaster.  It's like watching a film, somebody is shot. But wait, let's re_ run that, no he' s not dead at all. 

Let's go back to the drawing board because this freezing of play and overturned decisions is crippling the beautiful game.

And another moan. What is the point of the third official apart from to take dog's abuse from both managers? All he does is act as a whippping boy. 

I am afraid we've fixed things that weren't broke lads.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

At first, I welcomed VAR.  Wrong!  It's a disaster.  It's like watching a film, somebody is shot. But wait, let's re_ run that, no he' s not dead at all. 

Let's go back to the drawing board because this freezing of play and overturned decisions is crippling the beautiful game.

And another moan. What is the point of the third official apart from to take dog's abuse from both managers? All he does is act as a whippping boy. 

I am afraid we've fixed things that weren't broke lads.

When you can’t enjoy an absolutely class goal like Puki scored yesterday because of millimetres then it has no place in the game.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, WILF said:

When you can’t enjoy an absolutely class goal like Puki scored yesterday because of millimetres then it has no place in the game.

That's  what made me post Wilf. Ridiculous decision. They were robbed of two points .

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i dont understand how the fck VAR is getting so screwed up.

RU has had video refs for a while now and its not wrecked rugby

To be fair, ruby is a completely different and much slower game mate.

• Like 2

Never liked the idea of VAR but it was inevitable due to massive increase in televised games and the amount of camera angles, technology used to scrutinise decisions (in particular offsides), and officials effectively being tried by TV every Saturday night. I think the offside rule is the problem football needs to solve. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

I think the offside rule is the problem football needs to solve. 

Leave the offside rule alone......I didn’t spend years of my life having 46,000 arguments with linesmen for it to be altered now ! Lol 

• Haha 2

It's just pissing everyone off now, VAR is 100% correct in its decision, but do we really want goals disallowed for a finger nail off side FFs...

I think it should only be deployed for certain contentious decisions and not there to run the game in the background...the ref and linesman are as good as redundant....its killing the spirit of the game

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4

I think the good thing to come out of the whole Var era will be a new found respect for referees as fans can now see just what a difficult job they have......hence,if Var was binned now today referees will actually come out of it well,they wont get so much of a hard time and us as fans get our old game back......everyone wanted Var...we,ve tried it and its horrible...so elbow it and carry on......goal line tech,yes....Var a big fat NO ?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Have you been to watch them yet Ray or you not bothered ?

Over 4000 Safc at Donny yesterday  whilst sat 15th in 3rd tier of English Football and playing as bad as it can get.

Only at SAFC I tell ya ?

no , unless my brother gets me a ticket , but they go that fookin quick, to season tickets holders , which is fare play .even the lower club type games, not the top 8, sell very quick. looking at our offside again ,  feckin hell, it was only a finger over the line, we was 100.% robbed of a 1 point, because were were holding Liverpool back  in defence  , and  we had few shots at goal up front. if we play like we did sunday, i think we pinch 3 point of watford  Wednesday  ?