Jump to content

Remington subsonic.


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, nick703 said:

Is that a standard 10/22 or modded, I’ve got a 22 on my ticket an can’t make my mind up on a rim fire magic 10/22 about a grand ish or get a standard and add a few mods myself? Decisions? 

That's a lot of money for a 22. Mine cost £100. I did the trigger. I must be doing something wrong ☹️

  • Haha 1
Link to post

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wondered where my gate hinge had gone😂

I really don't know mate, maybe an urban myth that subs did'nt have the oomph to recoil the action, I.m sure there was someting in it back in the day with certain ammo, but I canny recall to be honest

I purchased 100 RDS of these yesterday. I was not to excited from past experiences with Remington ammo! Amazingly they want to group but at least one in ten is a popper and jams the ac

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, nick703 said:

Is that a standard 10/22 or modded, I’ve got a 22 on my ticket an can’t make my mind up on a rim fire magic 10/22 about a grand ish or get a standard and add a few mods myself? Decisions? 

Standard. Paid £125 for it 2nd hand. Only mods are an extended mag release and folding stock which I did myself. 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

That's a lot of money for a 22. Mine cost £100. I did the trigger. I must be doing something wrong ☹️

They can be more than a grand depending on barrel,stock etc, my mate who’s head keeper on a commercial shoot has one ,never has any problems with subs,an he don’t go anywhere without it so worth it to him but for me probably a second hand 10/22 and add some rim fire magic mods as needed to make it cycle subs 100% 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, nick703 said:

They can be more than a grand depending on barrel,stock etc, my mate who’s head keeper on a commercial shoot has one ,never has any problems with subs,an he don’t go anywhere without it so worth it to him but for me probably a second hand 10/22 and add some rim fire magic mods as needed to make it cycle subs 100% 

That's great. Mine also handles subs 100%. Good ones that is.

What subs does your mate use?

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

That's great. Mine also handles subs 100%. Good ones that is.

What subs does your mate use?

I’m wanting to say cci , think,or something similar name 😁 I’m there tomorrow night foxing so I’ll double check , I used to have an old cz semi auto that was 99% with win subs ,just the odd one would jam but that was more to do with the magazine 

Link to post
27 minutes ago, nick703 said:

I’m wanting to say cci , think,or something similar name 😁 I’m there tomorrow night foxing so I’ll double check , I used to have an old cz semi auto that was 99% with win subs ,just the odd one would jam but that was more to do with the magazine 

There you go then. Mines as reliable with CCI.

Link to post

SD, you might find this to be ideal for your auto, I use this dry lube in both mine and my pals semi auto shotguns as there is no sticky oil / grease to hold excess powder.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K2-PTFE-Dry-Lubricant-Clear-Teflon-Grease-Spray-NO-SILICONE-Long-Protection/332555554828?epid=1650062920&hash=item4d6ddb100c:g:Q58AAOSwzb5drtjm

Phil

  • Like 1
Link to post

Happy New Year all...been a busy time.

The Remington Subs apparently continue to be a pain, must be a good 5 years ago I last bought any and experienced just the same issues as SD.   Long while back I used the Remington Yellow Jacket HP, about 1500ft sec I believe and it was absolutely great in my 452, but their subs have been a nightmare forever.

As mentioned above mine is the Magtech 7022, (Mossberg 702) cheap as chips, very light but remarkably accurate and reliable!  Brilliant with all manner of subs.

:thumbs:

266818890_Magtech7022015aa.jpg.5a49bd2192d3108e89046ee4e7387699.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
30 minutes ago, Deker said:

Happy New Year all...been a busy time.

The Remington Subs apparently continue to be a pain, must be a good 5 years ago I last bought any and experienced just the same issues as SD.   Long while back I used the Remington Yellow Jacket HP, about 1500ft sec I believe and it was absolutely great in my 452, but their subs have been a nightmare forever.

As mentioned above mine is the Magtech 7022, (Mossberg 702) cheap as chips, very light but remarkably accurate and reliable!  Brilliant with all manner of subs.

:thumbs:

266818890_Magtech7022015aa.jpg.5a49bd2192d3108e89046ee4e7387699.jpg

Where have you been you old....person?

Glad your back, I been checking the obituaries! 

 

Do you know I have not cleaned my 995 for six months, it's been running perfectly, grubby but operating perfectly.

I finished off the Remington ammo yesterday and then put my current reliable ammo in. Not having it! All of a sudden it would not function perfectly.

Off the Remington there was thick black soot everywhere and what looked like black gunge dribbling out of the muzzle!

I was beginning to think they are using a black powder mix but my nose would of detected that, maybe it's got some coal dust in there!

Any way, stripped it down which took one minute, got the turps out and a brush and it's all shiny again.

Hopefully picking some different ammo up in a min.

 

SD.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post

I always seem to follow Deker on these posts. I've had my Magtech 7002 for more than a dozen years. Eleys were perfect. Winchester semis were a nightmare in it, so switched to RWS on Deker's recommendation. Now I'm back with Winchester 42 grains, no problems, consistent shots and no jams. Trouble is now, I can't find any rabbits to shoot.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...