Poor woman, what a terrible way to go

Sad news. 

They banned certain types of hunting types here because of accidents. People, pets livestock etc 

I hope this wasn't a boar pack. They've been known to attack dogs outside the pack. Maybe she was protecting her dog.

2 minutes ago, MH1 said:

What types are banned mushroom?

They banned the free hunting with thick bull head types, mastiffs etc. Pretty much the same as UK except here it's not breed, it's at the discretion of the coppers and the types are allowed as pets but have to wear muzzles in public. Free-hunting with a big headed breeds and you're in serious bother.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

Sad news. 

They banned certain types of hunting types here because of accidents. People, pets livestock etc 

I hope this wasn't a boar pack. They've been known to attack dogs outside the pack. Maybe she was protecting her dog.

What type of dogs make up a boar pack mushroom.

Atb j 

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

They banned the free hunting with thick bull head types, mastiffs etc. Pretty much the same as UK except here it's not breed, it's at the discretion of the coppers and the types are allowed as pets but have to wear muzzles in public. Free-hunting with a big headed breeds and you're in serious bother.

Interesting that mate , totally at the coppers discretion?? 

The article is horrendously bad reporting, as was the daily mail article. 

The woman was walking 5 dogs, all mastiffs and bull terriers. She apparently phoned her partner to say there was a pack out hunting and she was worried they would attack her. At that point the hounds hadn't left the meet, they only left at one thirty so I'm guessing she just saw the meet or heard hou ds in the boxes. It was a pack of staghounds. 

Time of death was between 1 - 1.30 approx. 

Personally I'd say it's 100% nothing to do with hounds. Yet her partner has obviously said she was worried about them so that's been picked up by the media. The hunt has allowed dna tests from the hounds. An investigation is underway. 

• Like 3

So going by what you said, it could have been her own dogs that turned on her. Maybe they heard the pack of hounds, got excited and started on each other and then in her.

Very bad reporting, I agree. 

But still an awful way for the young woman to die.

Atb j 

5 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Considering she rescues this type of thing and had 5 of em with her...

Screenshot_20191120_205524.jpg

Screenshot_20191120_205419.jpg

Well done for pointing that out dido! I remember this happening to a women in the states last year...... went jogging with her two bull/mastiff breeds in the hills she’d raised from pups & wound up half eaten....

How some of these demented old women are allowed to start these " rescues " beggars belief.....surely a person must have a certain amount of expertise with dogs in order to start a rescue and not just start them with the attitude of " i really love dogs " ?

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

How some of these demented old women are allowed to start these " rescues " beggars belief.....surely a person must have a certain amount of expertise with dogs in order to start a rescue and not just start them with the attitude of " i really love dogs " ?

New age fur mommies, it's all the rage.

A dogs a dog at the end of the day, not a person. As soon as you start treating as a person, your in trouble, imo.

Atb j 

• Like 3