Pointer X

18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Do yo have any personal experience gained from owning and working this x??? 

Do you find it hard to digest, that folks who have had them, say different to your beliefs??? 

Just curious pal..... As its a forum where discussion is encouraged ?

It's meant to be a forum where topics are discussed but unfortunately it's become a place of bickering and everybody knowing better than everyone else. It's been terrible for years. Like I said, I wouldn't personally own a pointer cross and no I don't find it hard to digest that people have different feelings about them. 

• Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my GWP X Saluki Bull Grey  he i getting on in years now not a very fast dog but a pleasure to own and work.

My bitch is great , I’m thinking putting a pure gwp over her in the future ! Should still be fast enough for what I do ! My bitch is only one I have now with old bitch injured so she’s got big boots t

when i said he was getting on in years well so am i  i have hunted with lurchers for years, collie crosses wheaten crosses and bull crosses and every thing else in between breeding a li

Posted Images

On 22/11/2019 at 17:22, Daniel cain said:

Do yo have any personal experience gained from owning and working this x??? 

Do you find it hard to digest, that folks who have had them, say different to your beliefs??? 

Just curious pal..... As its a forum where discussion is encouraged ?

On this subject I have half cross plus two quarter bred crosses for hunting there’s a massive difference but that’s what you’d expect atb

• Like 1
On 23/11/2019 at 11:30, sambo123 said:

It's meant to be a forum where topics are discussed but unfortunately it's become a place of bickering and everybody knowing better than everyone else. It's been terrible for years. Like I said, I wouldn't personally own a pointer cross and no I don't find it hard to digest that people have different feelings about them. 

Fair enough, no bickering from me, just curious to hear why you hold your opinion and what it's based upon

The lads who run them do it for a reason...... Horses for courses I suppose ?

43 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Fair enough, no bickering from me, just curious to hear why you hold your opinion and what it's based upon

Yes defiantly big diffrence

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Like I said, I'm just not interested in a lurcher with gun dog blood in it. I can't see what it would bring as apposed to more traditional crosses that have done the job for a long time. Always good to try new stuff though and I'm sure there's good ones out there.

Sam

9 minutes ago, sambo123 said:

Like I said, I'm just not interested in a lurcher with gun dog blood in it. I can't see what it would bring as apposed to more traditional crosses that have done the job for a long time. Always good to try new stuff though and I'm sure there's good ones out there.

Sam

They won't be everyone's cup of tea granted... But from what I've seen they shouldn't be dismissed. That was my only point. Atb Sean 

1 hour ago, sambo123 said:

Sam

Your right , traditional lurchers can do what they do , but it’s just a interesting cross , what’s the problem in trying something different same as a lab x or a spaniel x whippet not hurting anyone is it? 

• Like 1

One thing I noticed today though was stamina , today was out bushing for a couple hours after a good walk yesterday most the other dogs were f****d but she didn’t even look tired and could probably done the whole day all over again 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, coco said:

Half cross a quarter bred just like any other crossed lurcher

Always wanted a 1/2x myself mate & if I could find a good greyhound bitch I’d use my mates GWP dog over it straight away as he’s a cracking dog & got all you want to put into hill hunting Lurcher atb cbx 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

Always wanted a 1/2x myself mate & if I could find a good greyhound bitch I’d use my mates GWP dog over it straight away as he’s a cracking dog & got all you want to put into hill hunting Lurcher atb cbx 

Best hill lurcher iv seen is a collie bull grey bitch she was something special ! I don’t think we can compare gwp Xs yet because there not many about and how many people have seen a lot go , but mines decent at the moment wouldn’t say out and out hill dog yet though 

1 minute ago, Wales1234 said:

Best hill lurcher iv seen is a collie bull grey bitch she was something special ! I don’t think we can compare gwp Xs yet because there not many about and how many people have seen a lot go , but mines decent at the moment wouldn’t say out and out hill dog yet though 

I know the bitch in question mate  & she was a cracking bitch thats for sure but I just think with Gwpx or houndx they more natural hunters,at the moment I got 2 1/2 sisters here 1 just coming up 2 & other 10weeks old of line bred colliehoundbullgrey so hopefully these 2 will make good hill dogs but still wouldn’t think twice of getting or breeding a gwpx atb cbx

Hound Xs got no bollocks , hunting great but there no killers , That’s why I got the gwpx I think they will make good hill dogs we will see with the bitch , I’m gone breed my collie bull grey this summer though to a good hill dog , gone keep two lines going and see how they fair 

• Like 3