Pointer X

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my GWP X Saluki Bull Grey  he i getting on in years now not a very fast dog but a pleasure to own and work.

My bitch is great , I’m thinking putting a pure gwp over her in the future ! Should still be fast enough for what I do ! My bitch is only one I have now with old bitch injured so she’s got big boots t

when i said he was getting on in years well so am i  i have hunted with lurchers for years, collie crosses wheaten crosses and bull crosses and every thing else in between breeding a li

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Butler said:

Still looking for a first cross gwp X greyhound if anyone's got a litter planned or knows of pups on the ground out of proper stuff...

I was offered one for 300 a couple of weeks back bit of Bedlington and collie in it nice rabbiting dog I can ask for you 2 year old o think it was 

I think there could be great hunting dogs, but like most crosses, the first cross wouldn’t be the perfect finished article. Take saluki crosses for instance, the best dogs aren’t first crosses, but the best line bred dogs are now pretty perfect at what there designed to do. The same could happen with gwp and lab crosses. 20 years of breeding the best to the best would create some crackers I think. 

• Like 1

My bitch is great , I’m thinking putting a pure gwp over her in the future ! Should still be fast enough for what I do ! My bitch is only one I have now with old bitch injured so she’s got big boots to fill ! Oh and she’s learnt to open doors 

C37093C8-5135-4B4A-AF2F-5B018833AB8E.jpeg

• Like 15

I've a GWP bitch here, she's only 18 month but she's a useful thing, she's been beating since she was 7 month old. She marks fox to ground,  she's a fair head of steam and she can jump most things found in the field. 

It's a cross that should in theory hold it's own against most of the common crosses,  nose wise and field sense wise they'd be hard to beat.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

My bitch is great , I’m thinking putting a pure gwp over her in the future ! Should still be fast enough for what I do ! My bitch is only one I have now with old bitch injured so she’s got big boots to fill ! Oh and she’s learnt to open doors 

My type of Lurcher, turning into a handy animal by the looks of it ???

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

Very nice is she a first cross..?? If so what way round was she bred..??