Sign in to follow this  
Loin

Having trouble getting pup to pickup

2 minutes ago, Loin said:

I dont drive but i have been offered by a lad to take me out who lives close by just waiting for him to get back to me.

So glad i jointed this site the community has been very helpful 

Do you even know what your doing out lamping mate? No offence but I ain’t as easy as fine make out, atleast not trying to get a young dog in right place at right time?

keep doin what you doing anyways an hopefully somebody gets you out An your dog some fur in it’s mouth soon👍 Don’t panic tho it will happen👍

• Like 2

I cant say i know what im doing because that would be ignorant of me.

But i ask a lot of questions, am starting to do more and more research watch videos and above all try to learn from my mistakes 😄 

Im also looking for a companion for bitch since she only dog i have within 4-5 hours drive from sunderland 

Would love something beddy collie grey maybe bull too 

6 minutes ago, Loin said:

Im also looking for a companion for bitch since she only dog i have within 4-5 hours drive from sunderland 

Cool ye beans chief. Spend ye time gettin this in sorted before thinking about another, last thing you want is 2 old dogs retiring at same age, I’d say make all your early mistakes with this dog you got now, yous will both learn from em an in couple seasons get another pup, entering  that ine you have already is gonna be a long hard job, don’t make it a hundred times more complicated by adding another pup, by end a this season your dog be flying an then you prob won’t even want another taking up your time 😁

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Loin said:

Tbh mate the dog you already got will be bang on the money once she gets going your bond with that dog will be bang on if that’s the case there’s no point In complicating things by adding twice the amount of feeding,walking hunting an up keep just yet it will teach you nothing bar you thinking this pup an the young bitch could of been better if no other distractions were in the way of things if it was me but it’s not Id put all energy in to the one bitch you have  forget about bringing a pup in just yet there’s plenty of time for that school the bitch you have now chuck plenty of lamping her get her bang on and enjoy her and what she will do for you then maybe in a couple of seasons time think about a pup to bring on  all good habits an skill in the field will an can be passed on to the pup

• Like 1

Opened my eyes right up hahahaha ill give my self 2 year to learn the craft then get another pup and try to master it 

9 minutes ago, Loin said:

Opened my eyes right up hahahaha ill give my self 2 year to learn the craft then get another pup and try to master it 

I'd gi usen at least 10 then u may still.know feck all  😁 just tek you time mate lol I e done about 20 and I'm sure I know less than when I started 🙈

• Haha 3

Same here blacky been at it since a was a teenager 45 now don’t time fly when your having fun Christ be 20 20 in a wee while an bye feck how things have changed for the worse I don’t envy young boys like the op starting with lurchers or terriers today was hard game then even harder now eh

• Like 3

I'd get it out ferretting..... When it's pinning them in the nets confidently..... Start lifting them and letting it have a run on the bolters.... Will lose a few but penny will drop soon enough 👍

Jcm has offered to teach you the lamping game fair play to him👌..... Just remember... Mouth shut, ears and eyes open.... Never go back unless invited 👍

Forget about getting another dog until you got this one going.... Enjoy it for a few seasons first..... Make your mistakes on this one😉 good luck and enjoy 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Same here blacky been at it since a was a teenager 45 now don’t time fly when your having fun Christ be 20 20 in a wee while an bye feck how things have changed for the worse I don’t envy young boys like the op starting with lurchers or terriers today was hard game then even harder now eh

Feels like yesterday we were out terrorising the city😂

30 Fcukin year 👍😳

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Loin said:

2 year you be lucky, ole bill hardy been on game 3 an half centuries an still knows fcuk all 😁

• Haha 3