Autumn Watch

11 hours ago, si brown said:

if you had a Pictionary and looked up smug Cnut there would be that picture!

wonder how much it would cost to get one of his paid up antis to turn round a kick his head in:hmm:

£25 a cup of tea and lunch I think is about the going rate for crusty protestors to turn up and shout at anyone for a day ✌️

I tend to change  channel or switch the TV off when he comes on. I  remember him from years ago starting on kids BBC wildlife programmes and he has gone from strength to strength, from his own career point of view. A few weeks ago he was on Sunday Brunch when I was at someone else's house and so was not able to switch him off. The more that I  watched the more he impressed me. He came across as a very knowledgeable man and very likable. That's the problem that we have and that is why he is so dangerous.

He knows the facts. The traditional way that we have always managed this tiny little island that we live on is the best way to manage it, he knows that. In particular the very fragile upland moors and all of the fauna and flora that exists, exist not in spite of grouse moor management but because of it. He knows that but is willing to sacrifice it all because of his inability to accept that shooting birds has a paradoxical benefit.

All we can do is not give in and never miss an opportunity to educate the ignorant, as the likes of Peckham are in such a privileged position to do so. Friends, family, work colleagues. I constantly try and give them the facts (and fresh game to eat). Always have done and always will do.

Most people who do not hunt or are not dedicated anti hunting do not give a shit. They buy the cheapest meat and eggs that are found on supermarket shelves with no real concern to the quality of life those animas have had, but they think that they are animal lovers. They are easily influenced. Educate them when you get the chance and make the likes of Peckham's life work more difficult.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I tend to change  channel or switch the TV off when he comes on. I  remember him from years ago starting on kids BBC wildlife programmes and he has gone from strength to strength, from his own career point of view. A few weeks ago he was on Sunday Brunch when I was at someone else's house and so was not able to switch him off. The more that I  watched the more he impressed me. He came across as a very knowledgeable man and very likable. That's the problem that we have and that is why he is so dangerous.

He knows the facts. The traditional way that we have always managed this tiny little island that we live on is the best way to manage it, he knows that. In particular the very fragile upland moors and all of the fauna and flora that exists, exist not in spite of grouse moor management but because of it. He knows that but is willing to sacrifice it all because of his inability to accept that shooting birds has a paradoxical benefit.

All we can do is not give in and never miss an opportunity to educate the ignorant, as the likes of Peckham are in such a privileged position to do so. Friends, family, work colleagues. I constantly try and give them the facts (and fresh game to eat). Always have done and always will do.

Most people who do not hunt or are not dedicated anti hunting do not give a shit. They buy the cheapest meat and eggs that are found on supermarket shelves with no real concern to the quality of life those animas have had, but they think that they are animal lovers. They are easily influenced. Educate them when you get the chance and make the likes of Peckham's life work more difficult.

Great Post! ?