FX CROWN 22 AND FX IMPACT .25

Did not think we were going to make it out last night it P*ssed down all morning

but Si checked the weather and it was going to clear up around 5ish so the time was set for 4,30

We hit the perm and had a walk round first loads out .

Now this perm is horse paddocks and never mind how many we shoot it seams that a few days later there are more than the last time

the owners want every one of the rabbits shot some of the horses run into 1000s of pounds and god forbid if one was to break a leg because of the rabbit digging  holes so all must go.

Me FX CROWN 22 SUB 12

SI,, FX IMPACT .25 FAC

Both on the lamp no nv

Si one way me the other i hit the first paddock and head down to the road im sub 12 so im the one that has to shoot down there walk down and shoot up away from the road (even a sub 12 rifle can cause some damage to a car or person).

I took out 6 strait away and thats how it went for most of the night i could here si,s fx going off in the distance we met up later on

and lay down to take them out prone off the pods(must thank si for fitting the pod to my crown and Mitch for the studs and the heads up on how to do it )

I got my eye on one sat at 93yrds took aim two mill dots from the bottom of the cross hairs and aimed just off target(wind was blowing left to right) and let the 22 jsb jumbo go it just fell over .

Now they say these crowns can be shot out to 100yrds some thing i would not except BUT after this i do now 

i was taking out rabbits from 35yrds (zero) 55 60 76 with ease i was blown away at how good this crown in 22 was

even the wind was not affecting it that much some thing si commented on not once but a few times si was well impressed with the rifle

Right the 93yrd shot may have had a little or a lot of luck behind it and i did not try it again but it made my day

it could of just been a target or a tin can and i would of felt the same way.

We finished the night with 60+ rabbits witch si left some for mister fox as bait but thats another night

Si had the biggest bag with the fac impact but i bet the owner will be happy once she see,s the pics of what we put away for her

As all ways Si thanks for a bloody good day and Knight mate

in your words it was ACE

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190809_131153.jpg

IMG_20190809_190225.jpg

IMG_20190809_210013.jpg

IMG_20190809_223301.jpg

IMG_20190809_223317.jpg

IMG_20190809_234513.jpg

IMG_20190809_234704.jpg

IMG-20190810-WA0000.jpg

• Like 13

On 10/08/2019 at 13:47, villaman said:

Told you they were  good ?

Nice shooting by both parties 

the crown is an excellent bit of kit Mitch... I was well impressed with it!

if the sub 12 works that well in them conditions the fac version must be mint

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's a cracking shot Jimmy :good:

Sounds like you both had a good night, rewarded with a fantastic bag :yes:

it wasn't just that long shot that impressed Jon... it was a windy old night and basically everything I saw him point at fell over!!

couldn't believe how accurate at range it is for a sub 12.... expensive bit of kit but mint:thumbs:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

it wasn't just that long shot that impressed Jon... it was a windy old night and basically everything I saw him point at fell over!!

couldn't believe how accurate at range it is for a sub 12.... expensive bit of kit but mint:thumbs:

So what makes these so accurate, is it the barrels?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

So what makes these so accurate, is it the barrels?

yeah.. the twist rate is something like 1:30 where a normal air rifle is 1:16ish

they recon this is better for long range..100yard accuracy!! 

wether this is right im not sure but it certainly looks like it with what I saw the other night

• Like 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

yeah.. the twist rate is something like 1:30 where a normal air rifle is 1:16ish

they recon this is better for long range..100yard accuracy!! 

wether this is right im not sure but it certainly looks like it with what I saw the other night

So would a lighter pellet spin faster than a heavier pellet, wouldnt too much spin cause a pellet to spin off off target?....