• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fcuk me !!!!   I was only asking if it was safe to have a Spoon of Sugar in me two cups of Tea each morning and its turned into University Fcuking  Challenge       

Has Ray hacked your account ?

So if Micky is 70 plus he has to bench 100 kilos and deadlift 200 kilos. Pulling your nutsack out of your sock is an achievement at that age champ. Lower the goalposts a bit. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jiggy said:

There is even sugar in milk nowadays.

its always had lactose in it.....although you can buy lactose free.....wich incidently is lower in calories that semiskimmed

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jobi said:

Yep it's like I said earlier, the average persons diet consists of a massive amount of carbs. If they cut the carbs out there's a massive void calorie wise hence the weight loss. 

That's not quite what I was saying though mate. I'm not restricting their food intake so I'd expect the carby foods to be replaced somewhat by meat and fruit and veg etc. I just think that the average person hits a higher calorie count on carbs before they feel satiated than on a more 'natural' (I hate that word) diet. It's not so much a diet I'm talking about as an attitude to how I eat/cook. Obviously calorie deficit is the bottom line, I'm just thinking out loud 're how to make healthy nutrition easy.

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's not quite what I was saying though mate. I'm not restricting their food intake so I'd expect the carby foods to be replaced somewhat by meat and fruit and veg etc. I just think that the average person hits a higher calorie count on carbs before they feel satiated than on a more 'natural' (I hate that word) diet. It's not so much a diet I'm talking about as an attitude to how I eat/cook. Obviously calorie deficit is the bottom line, I'm just thinking out loud 're how to make healthy nutrition easy.

No I was talking about how people think it's cutting out carbs is the key to losing weight. It's just that carbs make up a massive amount of people's diets. You say replacing carbs with protein? That wouldn't really work as if you replaced the carbs for the protein to the exact amount you wouldn't lose any weight. 1 gram of carbs is the same amount of calories as a gram of protein. 

Yes I agree though what you're saying, you get a hell of a lot more full trying to fit lots of protein in and wholesome foods. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

So much of our modern diet is based around easy carbs, bread, pasta, rice, potato products etc. They're just too easy to eat in quantity. I really think most folks could eat as much meat, fruit and veg as they wanted supplementing whatever carbs they crave on top and would look great for it.

Agreed,with work it's all about convenience  I get half a hour...I started of with rivitas and a box full of toppings ..took me all dinner to make em lol so switched to the  noodles lots of flavours I'm not bored with them......yet 

Just now, kanny said:

Agreed,with work it's all about convenience  I get half a hour...I started of with rivitas and a box full of toppings ..took me all dinner to make em lol so switched to the  noodles lots of flavours I'm not bored with them......yet 

Not just the convenience, it's also much easier on the bank balance than eating a high protein diet. 

1 minute ago, Jobi said:

No I was talking about how people think it's cutting out carbs is the key to losing weight. It's just that carbs make up a massive amount of people's diets. You say replacing carbs with protein? That wouldn't really work as if you replaced the carbs for the protein to the exact amount you wouldn't lose any weight. 1 gram of carbs is the same amount of calories as a gram of protein. 

I know that, that's why I said about the point of feeling satiated differs which therefore leads to a net calorie drop. Imo! Not claiming this to be fact just my hypothesis.

I think we understand each other.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jobi said:

Not just the convenience, it's also much easier on the bank balance than eating a high protein diet. 

Fruit and veg ain't cheap either! I'll do 30 quid a month just on f***ing berries! Thats a fraction of my fruit intake, never mind total plant matter intake.

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Hard part for me is food is so Fcuking good ?

That's the thing. If the gym fad your in wears off and you still eat the same diet then you will pack on the flab. Especially as you get older. It's a bit like spice burgers. I know the Cnuts kill me with heartburn but I still have to order them when I smell them in chip shop because they are so tasty ?

25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yep on me bike every day....jiggy.....I do like it riding round all the tracks localy ..canals ect

I was doing a lot of regular short cycles 5km etc  which did get my body and muscle groups back bike fit but it wasn't until I started doing 25km in morning then same in the evening 3 times a week and the weight just fell off. It's enjoyable in the mornings especially this time of year without over doing it. That's not a huge amount of road to take in either compared to serious cyclists but I found those 100km gruels just sickened me and then back to the pub or chippy next time your bored and throw away the bike. Any more than an hour and I wouldn't bother. Good cardio, lose fat and good for the mind ( plenty of fresh air).

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, kanny said:

arnt noodles made with wheat ??

didn't the Italians nick the idea and call it spaghetti

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I was alway trying to replicate the noodles from Chinese and I never could get it right until I made Chinese chicken curry Friday night and I had no noodles so I put spagettti in and it was bang on the money and maybe even nicer.

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

Yeah egg and flower  but like I say only 300 calories max per pot  so half the calories of the bread alone  I was having. I wasn't looking at cutting out wheat just lowering my calorie intake. 

• Like 1