6 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm a greedy b*****d that's my problem.  Regardless of what training I do or how hard I train I just eat too much junk I can eat healthy and well all day then once the wee boy goes to bed its chicken goujons or pizza in the oven and a couple of biscuits and crisps. 

Thing is mate, that junk is designed to make you crave it......now I’m not preaching because I’m the worlds worst if I get sidetracked into a take away but mainly I cook fresh everything even down to sauces.

And of late, the thought of eating McDonalds or fried chicken or what have you just makes me feel bad because I understand it’s pure filth.

its harder than you think to eat right when you start looking at the crap they put into food......especially “diet” or “low fat” packaged food.

But all packed food is full of crap to some extent, from a tin of beans to pasta sauce.

Raw ingredients is the way forward and I’m lucky in that I like all that stuff best, it’s just my f***ing gargantuan portions that have been slaughtering me ! Lol 

• Like 2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fcuk me !!!!   I was only asking if it was safe to have a Spoon of Sugar in me two cups of Tea each morning and its turned into University Fcuking  Challenge       

Has Ray hacked your account ?

So if Micky is 70 plus he has to bench 100 kilos and deadlift 200 kilos. Pulling your nutsack out of your sock is an achievement at that age champ. Lower the goalposts a bit. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm a greedy b*****d that's my problem.  Regardless of what training I do or how hard I train I just eat too much junk I can eat healthy and well all day then once the wee boy goes to bed its chicken goujons or pizza in the oven and a couple of biscuits and crisps. 

Thats the same as me, I can eat healthily quite easy when the food is there but I think it's the convenience of junk food that is hard to break away from. Basically I'm a wank cook and to top it off a lazy b*****d. 

Edited by Jobi
40 minutes ago, WILF said:

For me personally, and I never did weights, but it’s more a come back to doing stuff type thing.

A change in work and finally retirement from something very physical also assisted my decline......it also took its toll on my back.

Add to which in my playing days I was training 3 times a week then playing games Saturday & Sunday.

I have ticked along still playing football since I stopped playing seriously but not enough and not at a good enough level.

Add all that to a love of food and cooking and it all adds up to I got too fat.

So now it’s a question of tweaking what I eat and doing more football and exercise, which I happen to quiet like.

I’ll also add that one thing I do have on my side is that I don’t drink......that booze ruins lads, it really does.

'Life' gets in the way for an awful lot of people when they hit 30+ and they tend to 'settle' and ease off then maybe 5-10-15 years later they have an urge to hit it again and regain a bit of that youthful masculinity they have lost. Very typical behaviour but I wonder how detrimental that break is compared to simply ageing? I read the headline of a stud recently that concluded that age really isn't that big of a problem, it simply correlates with people tending to get lazy as the age and it is the break in adult life that is the killer.

My mind is full of this shit. It's a f***ing mess! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always makes me laugh when people say they can’t cook, the very best cooking is always very simple.

Id say watch a tv chef like Rick Stein, he will never be working with more than a couple of ingredients and it’s always quick and simple......in fact I’d say he was the best example out of most of the TV chefs.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

'Life' gets in the way for an awful lot of people when they hit 30+ and they tend to 'settle' and ease off then maybe 5-10-15 years later they have an urge to hit it again and regain a bit of that youthful masculinity they have lost. Very typical behaviour but I wonder how detrimental that break is compared to simply ageing? I read the headline of a stud recently that concluded that age really isn't that big of a problem, it simply correlates with people tending to get lazy as the age and it is the break in adult life that is the killer.

My mind is full of this shit. It's a f***ing mess! :laugh:

It’s a fact, lots of people just loose that “hunger of youth” to keep pushing and doing more.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Always makes me laugh when people say they can’t cook, the very best cooking is always very simple.

Id say watch a tv chef like Rick Stein, he will never be working with more than a couple of ingredients and it’s always quick and simple......in fact I’d say he was the best example out of most of the TV chefs.

I can do the basics but I'm far from Ramsey standards, you don't have to be a good cook to eat healthy I suppose but it's just laziness. Can't be arsed to start prepping food after a 12 hour shift. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WILF said:

It’s a fact, lots of people just loose that “hunger of youth” to keep pushing and doing more.

Statistically speaking, a man will gain something like a stone when he gets married and then a second stone when he has his first kid, testosterone drops (not sure on the numbers) and he just turns soft. What the causality of all that is I'm not sure but it's interesting.

You're so right about nutrition too. Attitudes towards what we put in us is tragic in this country.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I can do the basics but I'm far from Ramsey standards, you don't have to be a good cook to eat healthy I suppose but it's just laziness. Can't be arsed to start prepping food after a 12 hour shift. 

Like all things mate, the more you practice and become familiar with prepping food the faster and easier it gets.

Becoming familiar with using ingredients and food also means you don’t normally have to follow recipe books.....you just sort of learn what go’s with what, what the results will be and what you are doing if you get my drift.

If you want to change, maybe start doing a bit at weekend or when you have a bit of time in front of you and build from there.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

I was getting back in to the g

Just now, WILF said:

Like all things mate, the more you practice and become familiar with prepping food the faster and easier it gets.

Becoming familiar with using ingredients and food also means you don’t normally have to follow recipe books.....you just sort of learn what god with what, what the results will be and what you are doing if you get my drift.

If you want to change, maybe start doing a bit at weekend or when you have a bit of time in front of you and build from there.

I've got a Mrs who will do it for me but the trouble is I will eat my healthy food at work in one sitting and then call to Greggs or Mcdonald's at lunch. ?

• Haha 1

I was getting back it in to the gym a couple of months back, being pretty strict with the diet and the results were showing. Going on holiday messed all that up and haven't been back since. I read a good strategy before a holiday is to go on a substantial cut which means you won't be in too bad of a condition after you've had your blow out. 

1 minute ago, Jobi said:

I was getting back it in to the gym a couple of months back, being pretty strict with the diet and the results were showing. Going on holiday messed all that up and haven't been back since. I read a good strategy before a holiday is to go on a substantial cut which means you won't be in too bad of a condition after you've had your blow out. 

Wouldn't that put you at a big risk of rebound though? When you cut hard your body improves it's metabolic efficiency and sort of goes into a survival mode where as soon as it gets a calorie surplus it is ready to store as much fat as possible, more than it could have before because of it's improved efficiency. They say it's the mechanism behind the reason for so many people ending up heavier some time after an intense 'diet' than they were before.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Wouldn't that put you at a big risk of rebound though? When you cut hard your body improves it's metabolic efficiency and sort of goes into a survival mode where as soon as it gets a calorie surplus it is ready to store as much fat as possible, more than it could have before because of it's improved efficiency. They say it's the mechanism behind the reason for so many people ending up heavier some time after an intense 'diet' than they were before.

When you lose weight most studies show that it does reduce your RMR, although it effects individuals differently. It may also lead to an increase in your appetite hormones which may cause you to pig out after a cut yes. 

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Out of Interest, those of you that say you are not able to do what you were in you 20/30s, have you come back to sport/training after a lay off or have you consistently been at it and noticed a deterioration?

yes mate ..I trained from 20-35...then completely stopped....at 35...my daughter was born ..my first kid...we moved house to where we live now...and I started the pest control busnes ...

I came back to the gym when I was 42...and it was a bit hit and miss....in as much as soon as sept came round I was out hunting...till march.....only these last 3-4 years I have kept it up bar some time off with injurys...

• Like 1