Looking for a new 22 sub 12

Been looking at the hw110 in 22 and the fx wildcat mkll in 22, not sure which to go for, its gonna be my daytime rifle...I already have the hw110 in 177 which will be my nighttime kit with the photon rt on top...pros and cons on the two mentioned at start guys... cheers

In my mind the two are not really comparable Phill as one is a bullpup and one a normal length rifle albeit slightly shorter than the 100 series. Perhaps a better comparison is the Wildcat and the 110k as they are both short rifles.

I have had two Wildcats in .177 & .22 and confess they are lovely to carry and shoot with 200+ shots per fill (sorry I can't remember exactly how many) but the downside for me was the magazines which jumped out of the gun on a number of occasions plus they are only 8 shot which FX could have improved when they brought the Mk11 out. Do't get me wrong, I really enjoyed mine although the .22 was very pellet fussy and only produced really good tight groups with JSB RS pellets. Superb to use it must be said.

The 110k, well you know what you will get mechanically but in a more compact package. My .22 has approx eighty shots per fill if I recall correctly and is the SAME weight as the Wildcat. I must say that despite some of my very good friends on here who think it is an awful looking thing....................I do not agree, it is simply a compact 110 and it handles very very well, also worth saying that it is just as good to walk around with as the Wildcat.

Price wise,  if you buy the 110k you will save roughly £250 - 300 depending what deal is on and with who.

I like both guns very much but I feel the Wildcat is let down by the poor mag size and if the mags still have a habit of jumping out whilst in a muddy farmyard ? but if you do buy the FX, I would send it to Air-Fective to improve the mag performance so you don't have those issues. Just my opinion.

Phil  

• Like 2

You will have a job to beat the 110 IMO, but saying that BSA Ultra is a excellent gun  and specially after a tune

Have a look at p15 or kozak both are getting great reviews both under £500 mark or cheaper  

• Like 1

Few different ideas there guys , thankyou....not sure on the bsa, kral and Kozak tho.....but appreciate the comments, where as the weihrauch and fx are well known, but I certainly dont want to buy new and have to spend more on it being modded......

47 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

If I remember correctly, I've only ever had 2 PCPs in .22 and, the FN12 was much more fun to use than the Airwolf.

Have you ruled out a springer Phil?

Jj, tbh the only springers I have ever owned and shot were relum tornado and bsa meteor (so not really thought about a Springer)...and that's going back a few years haha, I've read about these new models now are so smooth quiet and as accurate as some pcp,s in the right hands but unfortunately never held or shot one...but their not on my chosen list....

10 hours ago, philpot said:

In my mind the two are not really comparable Phill as one is a bullpup and one a normal length rifle albeit slightly shorter than the 100 series. Perhaps a better comparison is the Wildcat and the 110k as they are both short rifles.

I have had two Wildcats in .177 & .22 and confess they are lovely to carry and shoot with 200+ shots per fill (sorry I can't remember exactly how many) but the downside for me was the magazines which jumped out of the gun on a number of occasions plus they are only 8 shot which FX could have improved when they brought the Mk11 out. Do't get me wrong, I really enjoyed mine although the .22 was very pellet fussy and only produced really good tight groups with JSB RS pellets. Superb to use it must be said.

The 110k, well you know what you will get mechanically but in a more compact package. My .22 has approx eighty shots per fill if I recall correctly and is the SAME weight as the Wildcat. I must say that despite some of my very good friends on here who think it is an awful looking thing....................I do not agree, it is simply a compact 110 and it handles very very well, also worth saying that it is just as good to walk around with as the Wildcat.

Price wise,  if you buy the 110k you will save roughly £250 - 300 depending what deal is on and with who.

I like both guns very much but I feel the Wildcat is let down by the poor mag size and if the mags still have a habit of jumping out whilst in a muddy farmyard ? but if you do buy the FX, I would send it to Air-Fective to improve the mag performance so you don't have those issues. Just my opinion.

Phil  

Nice...thankyou....sounds daft phil but I dont like the look of the hw110k, looks like half a gun, but I rate the hw110st a lot as I use the 177cal to great effect...the two I mentioned are the two I'm interested in and will more than likely have one or the other, shot count isn't that important I'm lucky if I shoot ten shots when out shooting  that's with a zero check haha, 8shot fx, 10shot hw110, neither a problem...big difference in price, but i am trading in the hw100 in 177 so that's not a problem either....but do fancy a .22..need to go to rfd and have a look as I've never held or shot a bullpup...decisions decisions....

1 hour ago, si brown said:

I’ve owned both phil and the wildcat is the only pcp I regret selling... I never had a mag jump out and I’ve never missed the 110!!

and I think about selling my impact to buy an other cat all the time :) 

How’s the mag jump out mate? ?

2 minutes ago, philpot said:

Who knows Rez but take it from me that they did and always at night in mud....................?

Phil

I believe it, I think ? just wondered how they got free from the retaining catch. It literally locks the mag down. 

When you cock the rifle, the mag can jump out. I know now that it was not the odd rifle affected as a number of issues were reported and Air-Fective tweeked the guns to sort it. I had my rifle adjusted by Pickering guns to resolve the problem but it didn't completely erradicate the problem although it became far less of an issue. VERY annoying at the time.

Phil

If Money is not an issue

then the FX Crown in ether cal

in 22 it gives 720 shots and an 18 shot mag

not sure on 177 mind

but its one of the most accurate rifles iv had

the only other two were the hw100ks 177 and the raider 22 single shot

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1