the desert in dubai

well its just after nine in dubai tonight went to the desert to do falconry and go on the camels and a bit motor cross biking what a lovely evening it was the whole family thoroughly enjoyed it,best kebab ive had

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I don’t know his name but I’m sure there was someone over here who the Arabs built massive avairys for and paid him to rear/train the best birds he could find with no expense spared then they took them over to Dubai/Saudi to fly them. Lazy in a way but when your worth billions I suppose you have better things to do than train the birds yourself lol

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I don’t know his name but I’m sure there was someone over here who the Arabs built massive avairys for and paid him to rear/train the best birds he could find with no expense spared then they took them over to Dubai/Saudi to fly them. Lazy in a way but when your worth billions I suppose you have better things to do than train the birds yourself lol

Bryn Close trained birds for the arabs, look him up...... a true rags to riches story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Isn’t that lads name “ falconer?” 

Unbeliveably 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ArchieHood said:

Bryn Close trained birds for the arabs, look him up...... a true rags to riches story.

That’s not the one I heard of, he was more towards Cheshire way I think but just looked bryn up and it’s a similar story to what I heard so guess it’s all true!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/445233/Entrepreneur-Falcons-money-homeless-Dubai/amp

Madness but them Arabs want the best of the best in everything, the horse stable called godolphin loses millions every year but they aren’t bothered about that as long as the horses are winning the top races and they have the best jockeys etc. 

• Like 2

Remember a lad giving a talk at one of the Yorkshire Falconry club meetings years ago when it was held in the barn at the Rockingham arms in the village of Wentworth about the peregrine breeding program he had done for some rich Arabs a very interesting talk it was.

13 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

That’s not the one I heard of, he was more towards Cheshire way I think but just looked bryn up and it’s a similar story to what I heard so guess it’s all true!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/445233/Entrepreneur-Falcons-money-homeless-Dubai/amp

Madness but them Arabs want the best of the best in everything, the horse stable called godolphin loses millions every year but they aren’t bothered about that as long as the horses are winning the top races and they have the best jockeys etc. 

I enjoyed reading that,true zero to hero tale.

• Like 1

Slightly off beam we drove from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in a landi. An eventful trip for sure, and although there wasn't a kebab at the end of it, we found a place, just over the Al Maktoum bridge, where we had a lovely pint of Usher Vaux bitter courtesy of some Dutch lads. Brilliant. Jok.