Construction

50 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

depends Len,I've not been shop based for probably 18 yrs...was on £16 per hr I think,last time i was on the bench...left and went self employed subbing to a shopfitting firm my dad was contracts manager for.£28 per hr but it was all night work and working away for 10/12 weeks a time?I did that for nearly 10 yrs and f****d it off when I settled down and had kids....i work for a ground works company now,shuttering,steel fixing,deep drainage etc.got a van,fuel card payed holidays and I'm in the house by 5:30 every day,money's not bad we get by.im mostly out on the road ,van,digger and go from site to site snagging other folks f**k ups ....next week I'm down in the roads on a harness and tripod busting out foul manhole spurs where the joints have cracked and holding human shit?

I been doing loads of freebies on directors homes last few months as thank yous for giving us various housing contracts around Wales,Bristol and the south west,redrow, linden homes,Barrett etc....prefere it to site work everyday?20190701_122911.jpg.6ce1969f70e8587de761e53067451133.jpg20190628_111438.jpg.dd7361a8982b54aeb32f1ba36b965f92.jpgIMG_20190620_131243_902.jpg.b2c097ec37d998eb7ada00ec06cee265.jpgIMG_20190622_141127_294.jpg.852a917f613b2baa813c13e2052e5ecf.jpg

Nice mate...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

plenty of work about,pay rates are up ... but finding tidy lads that can do a   full week,not always on the phone,and dont sniff like scarface? are few and far between these days.... get sen

Young lads don’t want graft these days and the ones that turn up spend most of there time on their f***ing phones 

i see apprentices in most trades over here Len,sparks,plumbers the odd chippy....but not on the ground....depends on who you learn from and their work ethics imo these days.....if they not pushed and

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Tidy job that mate I’m like u got own van fuel card don’t start while half 7 home for half 4  usually in a digger now until there any technical stuff to do i let the young uns do all the breaking out and the hard labour now wrists and hands r f****d now atb longers01 

problems finding good young lads these days longers?I can pull the levers but have a driver most days....I'm the old head these days lol,still enjoy the craic with the lads?

• Haha 1

Ye you’re right there about finding good young lads mate when I’m doing deep drainage or sewer connections i have a digger driver but if im just kerbing and stuff i usually dig it all out myself then jump out then do the rest it’s just breaking out on a hydraulic breaker and stuff hands carnt take it no more if i can get away with using a pecker on jobs i do these days mate 

7 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Ye you’re right there about finding good young lads mate when I’m doing deep drainage or sewer connections i have a digger driver but if im just kerbing and stuff i usually dig it all out myself then jump out then do the rest it’s just breaking out on a hydraulic breaker and stuff hands carnt take it no more if i can get away with using a pecker on jobs i do these days mate 

same here ?send a goon on the dumper for concrete and craic on...you know it's right then?

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Are any of yas noticing the lack of apprentices these days?

I've taken 3 lads properly through their apprenticeships in fabricating/welding... 2 have stuck at it and are doing really well, 1 was a family member and f****d off the minute his was complete...I'll learn one day! Lol.

Lots of lads started cladding with us that now have their own gangs and sub for us, some are running a few gamgs....I love seeing them move on and as long as they don't try and approach our customers they all get work off us now...

1 lad was let go as a pro footballer at 18, came and played for the side I was playing for, I gave him a start... hes 34 now, put 500m2 of roof on for us today with 1 of his gangs...top lad and a good fixer now..

• Like 1

i see apprentices in most trades over here Len,sparks,plumbers the odd chippy....but not on the ground....depends on who you learn from and their work ethics imo these days.....if they not pushed and kept busy they laze around then jack it in after some friendly banter?you dont get many who will punch their guts out when its realy needed.....

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, longers01 said:

Young lads don’t want graft these days and the ones that turn up spend most of there time on their f***ing phones 

Think that's most "young people" nowadays, never have their phones out of there hands, shopping, pushing prams, having a meal, walking down the street ffs ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Think that's most "young people" nowadays, never have their phones out of there hands, shopping, pushing prams, having a meal, walking down the street ffs ?

Cheers, D.

You’re not wrong there mate 

On 19/07/2019 at 21:16, NEWKID said:

I cant handle those twats anymore....seriously grip my shit! As soon as they're paid it's in the pub or up their nose and skint again Monday moaning about it...each to their own how you spend your money but my days of subbing the twats is over...

Kev lends twenty till the comp lol

• Haha 2

Reading this makes feel what ive been saying,and moaning to the workers about,if the customers,building inspector come to job,they just stand thier on phones like retards,i tell them crack on,get a broom,have a scratch about,just look fukin busy.got a good lad,but a bit divvy for his age but dont drink,do drugs,and got one whos the friday night millionare,beer,drugs.come monday hes broke.

• Like 1

Before the last recession I was on site and was surrounded by lads that were thick as pig shit but earning big wages. The lads I was working for were minted. I hated it so left and went milking cows. I remember talking to the old farmer as we milked on morning and telling him how it simply couldn't last. These lads were earning a good wage but were spending it faster than they were earning. They were buying houses with no deposit, they had houses with no equity in them that they had bought for much more than they were worth. The lads I worked for had big money but were taking lads on left right and center, posh trucks for themselves and the wives acting like footballers wives. The money was there alright but everything they had was on credit..... 

.....it all went pop. The lads I worked for ended up borrowing thousands off me to get themselves out of shit. They actually became nice, humble and decent for a few years. Saw them in the pub the other day, their accents had gone posh again and they were getting arsey with me because I said I didn't want to go to Vegas for one of their stag do's.... 

Earn it while it's there boys but look to the future...... 

• Like 1

Its the finance uk at the min,wifes driving range  rovers,husbands got something equally as expensive,i call them the grey bi fold gang,all the homes have them,tarted up to the nines.if you go to spain they are all still driving clapped out renos,and pugs.not a shit car on the road here.