Pay attention stavross

With it been the first evening in a week we haven’t had rain, I thought I’d have a walk around the shoot, so off me and the long one went, as I’ve said before at this time of year there’s very few places to get a shot off, firstly we headed to the spud field and gave it 45 mins or so with the caller, to no avail, so we had a walk over to apart of the shoot known as the piggeries, now this is a narrow ride that over the years I’ve shot quite a few foxes on and where I shot the cub a few weeks ago, I put the caller on the ride but not calling, giving it time to settle down, after 15 minutes or so the vixen came out onto the ride, I didn’t have the rifle mounted and I was messing about with my phone, by the time I had got myself sorted out she had trotted of up the ride, in my defence she wasn’t stopping and knew where she was off hunting, knowing that the cubs will be in the area we set the caller away, for some reason we never seen anything else, a little strange as normally you can temp the young out for a nosey with the caller, so not a very successful evening at all but it was just nice to get out and the long one did manage to smack a couple of rabbits

04D2B54D-8F9A-473B-9DDB-25F3E44F0A6C.jpeg

4AE878A0-9C95-4732-8F52-A09719834D95.jpeg

163F81BC-2C0B-495E-AA15-70402414C73E.jpeg

• Like 3

I have one of those gen 3 Jim shockey trigger stick thingy ma jiggers, bloody good aint they ?

An like I'm constantly telling the brats here "put that sodding phone down", if I need to get everyone together in this house, I switch the router off and wait, doesn't take long ?

perhaps those cubs were watching Netflix ?

• Haha 4

Turn mine off when owt n abowt as u can put money on Charlie appears and someone will send a mong video on whatscrap alerting him to my presence so he does a Usain and all i see is the back end dissapearing into the brush :censored:.Youve been lucky having a bit of dry weather it only stops here about 30 mins then comes down heavier than a fat lass with a bag of chips:laugh:

• Haha 5

Don't take mine if out mooching anymore, whether out with dog, camera. Main reasons I think the wildlife maybe picks up on the RF ?

Also don't like the idea of carrying what could be a tracking device, if I'm the wrong side of the fence.

Plus I'm paranoid about them causing cancer,  so tend not to carry one around.

• Like 2

I also should stop taking mine out whilst on the perms, nothing as technical or scientific as RF emissions affecting the local wildlife in my case though.....just got form for it dropping out of my pocket and having to yomp all over trying to find it again at 4am in the morning!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't take mine any where, everyone shouts at me "what's the point in having a mobile phone when you leave it at home", it stays at the side of the bed on mute, I look at it every few days though! Always say if it's important enough folk will get a hold of me, I have a wife as an answer machine anyway! It also doesn't have an A or B button, so how you supposed to get your penny back if no one answers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

After a terrible week at work I was in need of some stav time, so I thought I’d take trip up to the shoot to see if I could catch up with any gingers, on arrival I popped to the house to see how my favourite old girl was doing, first port of call was the garden to show me the state of the cabbage’s and beetroot so after a 10 minute ear bashing and a promise I’d be up on a rabbit mission I headed over to a part of the shoot I know there is a family, after walking to the far end of the shoot I realised that all the rain we have had has done the place the world of good, we are now in full summer mode, lovely to walk around in, listening to the birds and watching the deer, but as for the fox shooting it’s a bit of a no go, I only had one option to head to the ride I know they use, I even dressed for the occasion knowing that the bugs would be out in force, after a little over an hour I called it a night with out seeing a fox,  it’s looking like I’m going to have to wait until they start to combine now to draw them out onto the stubble, this as we know is a dangerous game to play but with the barley on it he turn we are not to far away from having a good size field to bring them into, another week or two and the rides will be to deep to see them on as the grass has shot up, fingers crossed I can account for a few before the birds go in ?

1E0B12B3-D0FF-47F8-B145-EF2F0ADE601B.jpeg

BB48D719-D5C5-4D76-9956-4183E7160864.jpeg

2EF8A76F-02A3-4A6B-9D39-4F4C1A09F9C4.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

A few people have said that, I wonder if it a manufacturer defect ?

It might explain the missing!

Just a thought.

I am ambi dextrous , it's weird. But I can not shoot left handed for toffee.

A friend of mine is a true right handed person but when or if called upon he can shoot perfectly left handed!

You have some nice places to walk stav.

• Like 1
On 15/06/2019 at 01:17, Stavross said:

With it been the first evening in a week we haven’t had rain, I thought I’d have a walk around the shoot, so off me and the long one went, as I’ve said before at this time of year there’s very few places to get a shot off, firstly we headed to the spud field and gave it 45 mins or so with the caller, to no avail, so we had a walk over to apart of the shoot known as the piggeries, now this is a narrow ride that over the years I’ve shot quite a few foxes on and where I shot the cub a few weeks ago, I put the caller on the ride but not calling, giving it time to settle down, after 15 minutes or so the vixen came out onto the ride, I didn’t have the rifle mounted and I was messing about with my phone, by the time I had got myself sorted out she had trotted of up the ride, in my defence she wasn’t stopping and knew where she was off hunting, knowing that the cubs will be in the area we set the caller away, for some reason we never seen anything else, a little strange as normally you can temp the young out for a nosey with the caller, so not a very successful evening at all but it was just nice to get out and the long one did manage to smack a couple of rabbits

04D2B54D-8F9A-473B-9DDB-25F3E44F0A6C.jpeg

4AE878A0-9C95-4732-8F52-A09719834D95.jpeg

163F81BC-2C0B-495E-AA15-70402414C73E.jpeg

At least someone was paying attention, I've got full concentration face on in that pic?

Edited by Longshanx
  • Haha 2