Sign in to follow this  
Jonjon79

Old boxing matches

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Jones was never really a light heavyweight, never mind a heavyweight.  That just shows how bad the guys were in those division at the time. Any fighter of any weight can be dropped in the first couple of rounds, don't you know?! Lol

Jones had some A+ god given talent,speed,reflexes,ability and boxing iq he really was top drawer . Toney Hopkins Griffin Malinga Mcallum Grant Hill Tate Gonzalez he beat them with ease.Ruiz may not have been the best of Heavyweights but it still was an achievement considering Jones started out at Middleweight.

• Like 2

As we speak, I'm listening to frank warren, ANOTHER promoter.

I've boxed, and I'm sure many of us on this forum have. But f**k ME!! When we're young and know f**k ALL, looking back, would you trust ANY c**t like that?!! I know 100% fact, I wouldn't lol

• Like 1

there's a couple of fights {not that old though} i enjoyed watching......the first is ....Michael Gomez beating that Scottish twat Alex Arthur.....and then the Diego Corrales vs José Luis Castillo fight, that was a good one......

• Like 1

Nasseem Hamed v Kevin Kelly.....

Few knock downs in this fight...

personally think honeyghans win over curry the best by a British boxer on foreign soil. also all this talk over Joshua quitting well the great Duran jacked against Leonard yet thats forgotten. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

personally think honeyghans win over curry the best by a British boxer on foreign soil. also all this talk over Joshua quitting well the great Duran jacked against Leonard yet thats forgotten. 

No mas!

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Brendon died a few years back.

fook me thought he was still around :huh: just retired I missed that one

1 minute ago, sid g said:

fook me thought he was still around :huh: just retired I missed that one

He made 77 a decent age. 

Was maybe less than a few years ago. Was pretty recent tho

16 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

He made 77 a decent age. 

Was maybe less than a few years ago. Was pretty recent tho

may 2018 .. just read up on it

Not the best of Fighters  or fights but in the early 60s WALKER V PRESCOTT pulled the crowds in , always good bouts and the gave  100% , when this pair were on telly the Pubs emptied and the roads went quite .

4 hours ago, fred90 said:

Also, let's not forget that as well as totally quitting 100%, duran was dirty as f**k when things weren't going his way. In his fight with ken buchanan, he continually threw low blows from the 1st round onwards, but was warned only once for it, in the 12th round! After the bell at the end of the 13th, he hit buchanan low so hard he ruptured one of his testicles  and should've been disqualified  but they gave him the win!! 

Whenever I hear people say 'the four kings' I cringe. Three kings definitely, hagler, leonard and hearns. Duran was a dirty fighter his whole career

• Like 3