All in a days roofing, - Magpies.

Nice , quiet day at work this morning until 1-35 pm :censored:

Two Magpies took the three chicks from a nest opposite our roof works, throwing them one after the other to the ground, then swooped down and pecked the heads of the defenceless chicks until all were dead.

Lads, I felt sick and furious !

When are these clowns going to sort the general licences out ?

atb. Mark.

• Sad 1

its a shit state at the moment mark....

ive got a few magpies on the street but never see them and haven't shot one in years out on the perms because keepers and county folk have always kept them in check!

wonder how long it will take for them to re establish themselves back in the countryside!!

that'll be the end for all the finches and songbirds:censored: nasty noisy b@stards

• Like 2

Yep , shame to see it happen but it is nature , but they are becoming more of a pest now more than ever . On one of my permission this evening I spotted at least 9 and about 200 crows . We have noticed there is more crows down by the coast than seagulls , crows have taken over down parts of Poole harbour 

I noticed just how many of these fowl birds were ravishing a hedgerow on one of my perms. I shouted and threw a stick in the general direction so they flew off only to return 15 mins later while I was walking the cattle sheds. NE and the idiots who brought this action have no idea as to the damage being caused with the GL farce.

More shooters are conservation minded than the none shooters because they have no idea what the REAL countryside issues are. Now that fool Packham wants to shoot deer to save the nightingale, oh my lord, what planet is he on ????

Phil

Ain’t seen that many round me permissions. To be honest, game keepers still smashing um as there on the lady of the manors birds eggs. Saw four the other day strung up on a wire fence. He does have the paperwork mind ?

In the garden though, they’ve noticed the new chicks in the mrs bird box we put up a few months ago. Had to hang it out of site to resist temptation. For sure know when they’re on the hunt though, the chatter and the chicks parents bitchin out loud. Poor little sods. 

5 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Can we not start a petition to make Packham warden on Gruinard and provide free accommodation i,e a tent and make it a lifetime position 

Unfortunately they cleaned the island and killed the anthrax off, you could always make him a forest warden in The Red Forest, in a tent....

"Starting in 1986 a determined effort was made to decontaminate the island: 280 tonnes of formaldehyde solution diluted in sea water was sprayed over all 196 hectares of the island and the worst-contaminated topsoil around the dispersal site was removed. A flock of sheep was then placed on the island and remained healthy.

On 24 April 1990, after 48 years of quarantine and four years after the solution was applied, junior defence minister Michael Neubert visited the island and announced its safety by removing the warning signs.[9] On 1 May 1990, the island was repurchased by the heirs of the original owner for the original sale price of £500.[11]""

Or you could make him a warden at a mine field in the Falkands, tell him about the penguins and give him a pair of golf shoes....

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Haha 1

Cwiss Peckham will go down as doing something to ruin or shooting this year by the great uneducated unwashed brigade , but he should be going down in history for killing more song birds than anybody  and bring a few farmers to ruin 

• Like 1