tb25

Paying your own tax

Morning men.

Starting a new job this week for a gardening firm and there wanting me to pay my own tax and what not.

How do i go about doing that...?

Cheers

51 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Morning men.

Starting a new job this week for a gardening firm and there wanting me to pay my own tax and what not.

How do i go about doing that...?

Cheers

I'm on Rct contracts here in Ireland on day pay. It's too easy do and employers are abusing the system so they don't have to pay holiday pay, xmas or Easter. They are trying to change that system now because even the labourers are forced into been self employed. Different country I know but I'm self employed since 20 year old. That initial jump is the hard one. After that it's plain sailing.

contact tax office ask for a UTR number set up direct debit for NI contributions👍

• Like 2

It's all done thru your accountant nowdays at end of year .

The monthly direct debits are no more.

• Like 1

Been toying with this meself, gonna book an appointment at accountants an let him go over everything an tell me if it’s worth it

23 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It's all done thru your accountant nowdays at end of year .

The monthly direct debits are no more.

you still need a utr number from tax office,can pay your stamp weekly,monthly,quarterly,yearly👍

Go cis with utr they stop 20% at source. Claim for all you can get a decent accountant atb Joe . 

• Like 2

Make sure it is an accountant and not a book keeper ;) .......

• Like 1

If they are a business,or not i believe they have to take your tax of themselves,alot of co dont but they get in trouble with hrmc

I employ people on a self employed basis and legally I have to take 20% at source. You need to register for a utr then for CIS and get your employer to deduct the tax then do an end of year tax return. Get a accountant and possibly a book keeper and you should hopefully get a rebate with any luck unless your earning big bucks. 

Like has been said , contact the tax office and get a UTR that’s your unique tax reference number . The company may want to stop your tax @20% cis that’s ok . You can get a decent rebate, save all your receipts for boots clothing fuel , tools . If not then you can always fill in an online tax return or get an accountant to do it for you . It may cost a bit but in my experience it’s worth it , as I find it too difficult and stressful to do myself. A good way of doing it is to get an envelope for every month with your receipts in , get a diary to show the days worked . Put it in a folder , and take it to your accountant at the end of the tax year and forget about it . 

Make sure you know that that litttle piece of paper you sign at the end of year is your accountant transferring all blame from himself.

He wont need to be cis registered if he's gardening as cis is is only for the construction industry.I'm cis registered as I do a lot of building and civils work but i also occasionally help a firm that erect corn silos and driers and they dont deduct my tax as its classed as agricultural and not construction industry.

• Like 1