Diana 56TH long shot

Out early at the weekend, spotted this one and took it cleanly with a brain shot aiming dead on, no holdover JSB Exact heavy @ 912fps (I'll let you work out the ft lbs, he he he) 70m!

Diana 56TH self tuned recoiless rabbit sniper.... ☺, recently acquired this gun and was going to sell it, then I shot some targets! it shoots under an inch groups at 75m with JSB's, so recon it's a keeper. ☺ 

20190518_121503.jpg

20190518_121522.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I was shown it by the manager of a hunting and fishing store, was a trade in from an old guy who had never used it, its big and heavy, but reliably accurate at very long distances, 

which is useful as Ive just picked up a permission on a private housing estate to lower the rabbit population, and as the rabbits are very alert and spook easily there a long range gun was what I needed, and it's doing the job nicely, I don't like pcps after owning one, and the recoiless action, with the power this is producing is awesome, It's zeroed for 62m!

• Like 1

Those Diana’s have had my eye for sometime now, and the only thing putting me is the sheer mass. It’s like 10lbs unscoped. I can image them being so accurate at silly distances too. Though you have dropped a bugs there, I just think there literally aimed at bench or posh paper punching. I don’t know where they’d sit on the HFT course either. Technically they’d be in with the PCP boys, but they aren’t as dead when shot as a PCP, so there’s a disadvantage there from the get go. 

There is something about them though, just for that little bit different.

• Like 1

I've recently bought the Diana 34T premier from sfs after Tony wall had done his stuff on it. It's very light, but very long, especially with the moddy he puts on them. Although it's in .177 it's still very nice to shoot.

Edited by mole trapper
5 hours ago, Deker said:

I'm a bit out of touch with the latest Diana Rifles, they used to have a toytown reputation, but looks like things have changed!

:thumbs:

Deks Diana.

JamesLove-UA 2019-05-24 at 12.22.48.jpg

On 24/05/2019 at 09:21, Rez said:

Those Diana’s have had my eye for sometime now, and the only thing putting me is the sheer mass. It’s like 10lbs unscoped. I can image them being so accurate at silly distances too. Though you have dropped a bugs there, I just think there literally aimed at bench or posh paper punching. I don’t know where they’d sit on the HFT course either. Technically they’d be in with the PCP boys, but they aren’t as dead when shot as a PCP, so there’s a disadvantage there from the get go. 

There is something about them though, just for that little bit different.

Yes exactly how it is for me, I shoot a blue laminate 97, a vorteked 80, and this big one, it IS heavy BUT! it's stock is so comfortable and balanced I can't stop myself from shouldering it every time I pass the tuning table, if it's resting on the tripod, it feels sort of gutless and weak to fire as the shot cycle is just about 95 + percent eaten up in the sliding sledge mechanism, but wow check the pallet back stop at 42 metres, 10.34 grain jsb heavies blasting straight through it, after it's recent overhaul and tune, it's cranking around 912/915 fps for 19+ ft lbs, and I managed three consecutive shots at a stainless penny washer nailed to a tree beyond 70m last week, and even at that range it put dents in the washer, which was not nailed flush against the tree but left loose so I could see through the scope when I hit it. 

That's not bad power in my opinion for a 177 pellet, 

The washer is on my keyring now. ☺ 

• Like 1

Nice shooting robo

just ordered one of the vanguard porter aims £39

do you use yours out in the field and what they like in the field if you do

iv used one at the shooting range only

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hey, yep I've used the porta aim for serious rabbiting, it's at its best if the grass is not too long, and if it is just find a slight hump and your away! 

The only gun I've got that is a bit touchy, hit and miss on the porta aim is my HW80, which bounces a bit because of the recoil, but 97 is great, and the 56TH, obviously... ☺. 

you'll love it