no contents

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No pasa nada tio, tranquilo  Aussiewhip we like your photos, the same as everyone else, from other parts of the world.  Look aussies will run a pack, yanks, kiwis and anyone else and his mum

Why has everyone got their handbags out? If the guy loves his breeds and the way he hunts who are any of us to tell him different?? It's an opinion, we've all got them and they all differ. Get over it

no contents

Posted Images

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:27, Wahchadero said:

Hi there!

The infos regarding the breed you find on books and online usually come down to the same story, there is also a good share of tales&myths about these dogs but what really matters to me is the Dogo Argentino today.

I am a personal friend of Ulises D’Andrea Nores, direct nephew of Dr.Antonio Nores, and I had the opportunity to have long chats with him and other local breeders while seeing their dogs in action.

The Dogo Argentino is a recent hunting breed created for a specific task, with specific skills, extremely agile and fast considering the class of dogs we are talking about, an exceptional sense of smell, a brutal biting and holding force and an amazing hunting instinct.

ProperDogos are not for anyone but if you get things straight from the beginning you get a stunning life and hunting companion. I personally believe these dogs need to be trained and used for what they were bred for, hunting consistently, and managed by experienced people.

Only inArgentina we do reckonized annual competitions for working Dogos, on the field. Dogs need to perform on several tasks including dealing with boars, cattle, respond to commands, ecc..This ian extremely important attempt to have useful hunting dogs, far from the “show”ones and the oversized Dogos you often see in the USA for example. In Italy there is a well know breeder who sells Dogo as pet and family dog saying hunting is rubbish so he is trying to breed out the hunting instinct… this is how f****d up people gets.

Dogo have bad reputation across Argentina, as well as in several other countries, for reasons that to me come down todogs coming from unknown breeder with poor genetic, wrong dog for the wrong owner, wrong training and management, and of course wrong dog for the wrong job! To me is like using a stabled young, pumping thoroughbred for doing equintherapy, It’s just asking for problems.These dogs were bred for hunting not for dog fighting. Hunting dogos managed by skilled owners are the most “stable” ones as they know hot to get along in a pack and in several environmental conditions, from the hunting field to hurban life. 

The number of dogs taken on a hunt can go up to seven that's including a couple of young “apprentice”. An average of one to three Dogos according to the hunting you are doing plus a few faster Dogales, a cross between Dogo Argentino and Galgo (both the Galgo Barbucho Patagonico and the Spanish one), will do any kind of heavy to medium hunting stuff required under any condition.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Wahchadero. Not just a reply but a considered and informative reply. All the best and happy hunting.

• Like 5

Taken from a FB page

Vintage picture of Mr Agustin Nores Martinez with two Dogo Argentinos. Mr Nores was the co creator of the Dogo alongside his brother Dr António Nores Martinez. When Dr Martinez passed away Mr Martinez continued the Dogo project with a few close friends, some people accuse him of worsening the breed whilst others hail him for making the breed better and more popular across the world. It’s always interesting for me to see people with Dogos today who have only had them in the la...st 10 or so years... I remember them in the late 80’s and early 90’s and they were very different than what we see now. As long as it lines their pockets £££ they don’t care if they are making the breed better or worse! My final point is if anyone still believes that old tale that the Dogo was created using 10 different breeds you must be living in la la land, looking at old pictures and reading old documents it’s clear that the breed was mainly created from 3 breeds the fighting dog of Córdoba, the English Bull Terrier and the Great Dane with a tiny amount of blood from a few other breeds that was added through outcrosses.

61028608_875859706139822_2303415648316817408_n.jpg

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Wahchadero said:

I am sure you had the opportunity to spend a few years in Argentina, met several breeders, being hunting with Dogos and spoke to the family who started the breed. In that case your comment would be an interesting source of discussion. Since your "reference" is a FB page as you said, I rather have the idea that you just sit on a computer reading cheap stuff trying to dismiss other people work just for the sake of it.

Joe has simply pasted a reference of dogos from facebook onto this topic which happens to be about dogos, no need to sarcastic or putting him down as a keyboard hunter. I've found this thread of yours very interesting regarding what you hunt and how you hunt with these dogs, and I hope you keep posting, but for ffs you need to lighten up, not everybody might agree with you or swing off the dogos dick, you will get negativity on every thread, and peoples opinions differ. Take time to read peoples responses and absorb their opinions and lighten up. atb......... Del

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Everybody knows joe does nowt? spends all his time on here ??

Well if you say so I can take your word for it lol, not someone from the other side of the world ffs..................Joe start getting out a bit more ffs ?

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Seems it’s the in thing these days, no longer do we call folk anti? it’s easier to put up a thread an then when somebody don’t agree or thinks a bit different then it seems they don’t go out ? it’s enough to make ye laugh when ye know blatantly that some folk are out more than others could dream off, but get labelled as a keyboard warrior/messer it always on the web, Cos they got different thoughts on a subject ?

So glad you would never get involed in such subjects ???

28 minutes ago, two crows said:

whachadero is worse than a Scotsman for rearing up lol, I think he has a complex after spending to much time on here, lol

I thought he were just gerrin in the swing of things no way is he worse than a scotsman there horrible man 

4 hours ago, Wahchadero said:

I am sure you had the opportunity to spend a few years in Argentina, met several breeders, being hunting with Dogos and spoke to the family who started the breed. In that case your comment would be an interesting source of discussion. Since your "reference" is a FB page as you said, I rather have the idea that you just sit on a computer reading cheap stuff trying to dismiss other people work just for the sake of it.

Wind your neck in ya silly fool, I copied and pasted it from facebook as I thought some other members reading this topic may have been interested.

Whachadero and Dogos are liken to Max and Sunderland, if you are to make any comments please ensure they are positive ones, as all negative comments will be met with the contempt they deserve ??  

• Haha 3

Man chill the fuuck out.

If you dont agree with what old "el keyboard Joe" posted, then give us the correct info. Answer the question, teach us what we don't know mate?‍♂️

E.g. I heard that dogos are a nightmare for attacking dogs they dont know, how true is that?