Notre Dame fire.

Some tool posted a photo of the ruined building and the golden cross standing unscathed in the middle of it. The caption was about some divine intervention saving the golden cross to which a scientist commented that the melting point of gold was about 600 degrees higher than the temperature that wood burns!  ?

The other interesting point is that there is  90% tax deductible to donations for the rebuild so all these billionaires offering to donate €200 million are actually burdening the tax payer with 90% of that amount.  

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

The Catholic church has enough money to pay for the rebuilding project.

I'm a catholic myself and served my time as an altar boy when younger. We were lucky in my town because we had a string of priests that were good to us and nobody in our parish got raped. In other areas that happened big time. When the victims looked for compensation the Irish government paid the bill and the church gave fcuk all. Make no mistake, the Vatican is one of the most wealthiest institutions in the world thanks to wealthy single farmers with no kids leaving them 300 acres in the will with a promise of a place in heaven. They can afford to repair it but poor mouth as usual. Those people donating that money are only doing it for an ego boost and think they are writing their name in folklore. They want their names been mentioned in history with Da Vinci and Michelangelo.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, bob.243 said:

57306080_2354779661402240_8310236232806301696_o[1].jpg

I’d say an 850 year old European monument is worth more than a load of f***ing savages who don’t belong in Europe !

• Like 8
  • Sad 1