Dog being aggressive

10 hours ago, pengelli said:

Bob have a look at the Pacdog collars my dog was exact same running off and trying to play with every dog he met only problem was all dogs aren't friendly I got a pac dog collar and handset followed the instructions to the letter and it worked for me I just worked on his recall now he is spot on stops them chasing or running up to joggers cyclists ect as well hope this helps?

As a training aid, yeah brilliant. But in this situation just need to be careful the dog doesn't associate the punishing stimulus with other dogs. Could make things a whole lot worse. Just needs to be used appropriately.

• Like 4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To think that he'll grow out of it is very wishful thinking and doesn't take into account why the dog is behaving like this. Yes, he's feeling his feet, his male strength, and the buzz he gets from ch

As a training aid, yeah brilliant. But in this situation just need to be careful the dog doesn't associate the punishing stimulus with other dogs. Could make things a whole lot worse. Just needs to be

Completely agree with Skycat's comments above. As an example, my current pup is ten months old and is extremely "happy" he'd readily go up to every human or dog at full speed to bounce all over them a

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

As a training aid, yeah brilliant. But in this situation just need to be careful the dog doesn't associate the punishing stimulus with other dogs. Could make things a whole lot worse. Just needs to be used appropriately.

Spot on bh I used mine on low stimulus when the other dogs were some way off when my dog was eyeing them up and thinking about running in to them so there was no actual contact with other dogs now if he sees other dogs he has a look then totally ignores them yes I get what your saying about the punishing stimulus but if used sparingly it works well it did for my dog ? 

• Like 1