It isn't an answer to your question but I don't like /get on with lights on the gun. You end up pointing the gun at things that you want to look at but not shoot.  It puts more top weight to the gun. And I just feèl restricted. And slow. Also sometimes you don't want or need the full power of the beam on the target. I much prefer to have a hand held. Holding it in the fore hand.  But that's just me. You will find what suits you best.

11 hours ago, Meece said:

It isn't an answer to your question but I don't like /get on with lights on the gun. You end up pointing the gun at things that you want to look at but not shoot.  It puts more top weight to the gun. And I just feèl restricted. And slow. Also sometimes you don't want or need the full power of the beam on the target. I much prefer to have a hand held. Holding it in the fore hand.  But that's just me. You will find what suits you best.

Not many of the torches these days have FULLY variable power but they pretty much all have stepped levels of power.

Many of the older type Lamping kits have a fully variable power beam (both of mine do) and actually don't weight much at all.

I carry a small torch for scanning around quickly as well, which saves any grief of pointing the gun all over the countryside to have a look.

I have Full NV, Lamping kits and gun torches, still use them all depending on what suits the job best!

Each to their own.

:thumbs:

PS

So Barley BedlingtonHave you got one yet?

Have a look on ludicrous lumens website.

I got a a really great deal on a torch from the TR series (38) 3 pills rat tail switch and mount all for £50 ish.

Great piece of kit... cant tell its on there when shooting off sticks.

FF

Edited by Furrosious ferreter

Optic Fire would be worth a look.

Have tried all sorts in the past but now have a couple of XC50’s for rimmies out rabbiting - probably a bit of an overkill for what you’re wanting but there are other models.

https://opticfire.co.uk/collections/opticfire-xc-hunting-torch-kits-lamping-lamps/products/xc-50-deluxe-led-hunting-torch-kit

Would. Happily recommend