trt treatment..

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

My mate's got me benching with a bar not a trap bar but a bar that allows the a hamds facing each other as part of my assistance work for benching.  He keeps banging on about how much tris are invilved in benching. Anytime im going for a max and not not far from locking out he screams tris and i end up finishing the rep. Wether hes right or not im unsure but hes the strongest guy i know so i go with his advice.

What bar is it if its not a trap bar .....whats it called mate ?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thats the very one . He got it with his gym setup package and used for practcing his log lift i think before he bought an actual log

I feared thats what you might say.....seen a couple of nasty injuries with that bar i wouldnt have one anywhere near a gym !.....go easy with it ?

6 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Whats the crack with them. How they cause injury ?

You have a muscle called the Suprispinatus which is one of the 4 rotator cuff muscles it comes into play when you move your arms away from the mid line of your body,depending on your build when you use a wide grip on a swiss bar you are actually pushing out as well as up and it can overload the Suprispinatus on a very unnatural angle due to the rotation of the grip.....also unless you have little 8 year old girls hands some of the spacings on them are terrible.....its just a bar i dislike but each to their own.

I feel like i havent explained that very well ?

Put 1 arm in the position it would be in a bench press and put the other hand around the side/rear of your shoulder.....if you have reasonable musculature you will feel a very slight movement between normal grip and parallel grip......thats the Suprispinatus coming into play and its not intended to take heavy load in an unnatural position.

11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

he aint got pneumonia from lifting weights.....yeh torn muscles ect...and maybe his hip problems...but not pneumonia

By the sounds of it he believed all the alpha male, hard as f**k bullshit. I know Arnold is a god amongst men to many lifters but I think his line of "sleep less, you don't need more than 5 hours sleep" is f***ing reckless. But maybe elite bodybuilders are somehow unique in medical science? :hmm::no:

It's an unhealthy mentality from the last century that thankfully the modern idols of young aspiring athletes don't continue to push.

theres enough there matey...cant belive it looks so empty....ive been training at exercize for less....£12 a month its a big unit with loads of equipment I train mid morning or early afternoon but its still packed....mind it don't help its right next to the uni halls.....

Just now, TOMO said:

puff....:D

LOL, walking lunges, goblet squats, step ups, sissy squats, even tuck jumps. Stuff I find useful and functional.

If I ran a million miles in a handstand between each set I could probably do crossfit! 

• Haha 1

you know though katch.....using them free weights..you should really have some one showing you how to lift them properly....and also a good range of montion.....the amount of folk even in the gym I go to that I see load up a bar...then quarter squat it......or bench press stoping 8 10 inch from there chest...or shoulder pressing to the top of there head....you just think why......get some help mate

• Like 1