trt treatment..

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

most crossfit workouts look horrible but that one looks a real killer...

for those that don't know it goes like this..

1 one mile run

2 100 pull ups

2 200 press ups

3 300 air squats

4 one mile run...

did you scale it stiffy..??

Did the run with body armour with plates mate 

no pull ups , power bag shuttles instead with tyre flips as an extra. 

Delightful 

• Like 1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

delightful ....yeh sounds it..:laugh:.....well done anyway....

theres a workout but I'm fecked if I remember the name......deadlift ( @ 1.5 times bodyweight)....bench press (bodyweight)...power clean (75% bodyweight).....

the normal way is 10 reps of each ...working your way down to 1 rep...ie  10..9..8..7..6 etc...

but theres a film of Jason killipa  dan baily doing it......starting with 1 rep of each then 2 then 3 etc...all the way to 21.....takes them an hour and a half....looks absolutely brutal....they nicknamed it the iron triathlon

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Kipping pullups are for people who cant do real pull ups.

Like any other era in fitness things go through trends.....and today its Crossfits turn.....thats all.

Got to say I disagree with you there mate . 

Imho CrossFit is here to stay. A quick look on any social media these days will highlight it. 

Crossfit is a life style for millions of people across the world. Be realistic here , but when you trained how many 19 20 year old girls were at the gym banging out pull ups / deadlifts / squats ? 

Not many I bet , go to a local crossfit centre and see the demographic there. 

Its a tri part movement , strength, mobility and diet. Reebok have marketed it well tying it up with ufc sponsorship and now have a licence to print money. 

So back to kipping. Most wods have them inside to a varying degree, how shit would it be as a newcomer to do 30 / 40 reps of a movement you can’t do ? 

You only get good at pull ups by doing pull ups ! 

So to strengthen your muscles required you need to do negatives and kipping volumes to increase your chances of getting better . 

Kipping is like kicking a ball against a wall , it’s not a penalty in a game , but it’s good  practice. 

Crossfit , bigger than Sunderland . Fact 

• Haha 1

16s pyramids are good as well tomo 

6 exercises 

1 of each then 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 etc 

or pair them up and reverse them

as in wall balls and burpees 

1 wall ball 15 burpees 

2 wall ball 14 burpees etc until the numbers are inverted 

then another 2 exercises and another 2 

good if you have a training partner 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

16s pyramids are good as well tomo 

6 exercises 

1 of each then 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 etc 

or pair them up and reverse them

as in wall balls and burpees 

1 wall ball 15 burpees 

2 wall ball 14 burpees etc until the numbers are inverted 

then another 2 exercises and another 2 

good if you have a training partner 

I'm sure they good....for someone else .....:laugh:...like I said earlier in the thread...im a closset crossfit watcher...I think its a great sport...

watched all them documentrys etc...I have to say I think froning is one of them guys that cant sit still....doing 6-7-8 workouts a day ..then inbetween workouts fecking about the farm on motorbikes or throwing a football around...

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Jus been looking at some them cross fit work outs? some them look like a good ole beasting? 

yep.....mind we used to just call it circuit training...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer.

Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.

Wish i did it years go.posture has inproved starting you get abit of shape to me also. .

Relly enjoy it..especially training my back.walk out bouncing. .better than eny medications i have been givin over the years..

• Like 9
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Got to say I disagree with you there mate . 

Imho CrossFit is here to stay. A quick look on any social media these days will highlight it. 

Crossfit is a life style for millions of people across the world. Be realistic here , but when you trained how many 19 20 year old girls were at the gym banging out pull ups / deadlifts / squats ? 

Not many I bet , go to a local crossfit centre and see the demographic there. 

Its a tri part movement , strength, mobility and diet. Reebok have marketed it well tying it up with ufc sponsorship and now have a licence to print money. 

So back to kipping. Most wods have them inside to a varying degree, how shit would it be as a newcomer to do 30 / 40 reps of a movement you can’t do ? 

You only get good at pull ups by doing pull ups ! 

So to strengthen your muscles required you need to do negatives and kipping volumes to increase your chances of getting better . 

Kipping is like kicking a ball against a wall , it’s not a penalty in a game , but it’s good  practice. 

Crossfit , bigger than Sunderland . Fact 

Theres nothing wrong with Crossfit all these activities are there for your benefit....but the fact is in a few years time it will be on the shelf with everything else......and thats how progress should be too......I came out of the gym game because i could see how it was going,when something becomes too popular it gets watered down into weaker forms and when The Great Outdoor Gyms started cropping up i knew it was time to get out but of course thats from a financial point......but also fitness is trendy now and it was never about that for me....societies are not defined by geography anymore they are defined by groups with their own identities,fat,thin,left,right,vegan,bla bla bla particularly with the internet.....fitness has just become another social group and many people are using gyms now as a community centre with music/tv,s playing....meeting places with cafes etc

What im saying is people are not starting in fitness at the beginning anymore,they get into something like Crossfit and start " kipping " for example with no real understanding of how the mechanics of their body works its just " trendy ".....they dont learn about muscles,tendons,metabolism,nutrition they just want to learn how to Crossfit.....instead of learning about the body and nutrition they look on Youtube to see what kipping is and when they master it they ask chaps like me what to eat !......these are funny times we,re living in....or maybe im just old ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well fcuk me gently with a sledgehammer sideways???

that’s a lot tougher than I imagined?? thought Cos I handle 60lb calf’s an bales and machinery all day I’d a done a bit better but how wrong can 1 guy be ☹️?

done a bit cardio then went in an had a go of the weight machines an then a few lifts with the free weights, let’s just say I got lots room for improvement ? but hey I don’t mind hopefully it means I’ll see a difference after a while ? 

pretty basic wee gym, never got a pic of the weight room as I was Goosed by then ?6112F1B1-7C25-4FE0-8A75-4A163A30F5FE.jpeg.78ea2f48a3ff2737a85d7b695720ac21.jpegD1F4C052-46AC-4AD3-9402-58CBD5BC4D12.jpeg.02178783941ab9308f81c7346702385e.jpegA2747E2A-D44A-4842-B7C5-691F29AF889D.jpeg.676cd434e463d62a12165522ab3b41cf.jpeg

That looks fine....your best steering clear of the big chain gyms a quiet little place where you can concentrate and learn like that is perfect.

And the aches you should be experiencing are perfectly normal....pain no....aches yes.

Remember...." If you want things you have never had,you must be willing to do things you have never done " ?

Just see how it go,s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, WILF said:

If I bulked up on weights I’d be running around a pitch like you see them running at these strongman comps which, to be fair, isn’t very well.

That's true but simply lifting weights isn't going to bulk you up unless that's the direction you take it. If you do it right it'll improve your ability to run around on the pitch and help you shift fat at the same time. I get what you're saying about dropping weight but it's the quality of the weight you're dropping that's the concern. You're attempting to lower your bodyfat and increasing lean muscle mass will help with that. Look at your footballers and you'll see they do different gym work compared to rugby players who will do different work than powerlifters.

Most people stand on the scales and either smile or frown. A better way is to monitor how your clothes fit. If your shirts are getting tighter around the shoulders and your kecks are looser the waist you're winning! :laugh:

• Like 5