Bizarre foods ,travel channel 181

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to understand mackem,not everybody is as cultured as us.

This looked a lot better than goat curry ?  

love curried goat... that dunns river seasoning is the best....you can get it in asda.....get some skinned and boned chicken thighs in a small roasting tin.. table spoon of olive oil drisled all

Posted Images

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

The curried goat Iv tried was out this world?? same as the mad Ghurkas sent us a big pan a fish curry over one night years back when out in excersize, I was laughing when the lads told me, tried it an must have ate a few lb of it in end ?? was ace ?

Sometimes get the goat carry from Mount Everest mate,  bit chewy but descent flavour...

12 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Il have to watch the Finland and Jamaican one cheers ?

came home from work feeling sick but watching food programs an crave a curry ffs ?

If you like ordinary home cooked Jamaican food 'Cook Like A Jamaican' has a youtube channel, although it doesn't get updated very often nowadays. https://www.youtube.com/user/CookLikeAJamaican/videos

Personally I'm quite happy just using Walkers Wood or Dunnes River jerk paste.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

The curried goat Iv tried was out this world?? same as the mad Ghurkas sent us a big pan a fish curry over one night years back when out in excersize, I was laughing when the lads told me, tried it an must have ate a few lb of it in end ?? was ace ?

That wasn't fish curry mate, it was flavoured with some dirty doris's keks :laugh:

Best curried goat I've had was in Manchester near the old Main Road.

• Haha 1

love curried goat...

that dunns river seasoning is the best....you can get it in asda.....get some skinned and boned chicken thighs in a small roasting tin.. table spoon of olive oil drisled all over them a good sprinkle of the seasoning ...in the oven for 45 mins.....bloody great they are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the best things about travel IMO, weird and wonderful food.

Will give almost anything a go and have done. Want to try that tinned putrid fish from Iceland next. Keep looking at folks balking trying to eat it and thinking, give it here, i'll smash that!

Thing is, as long as it's a 'staple' or the norm in whatever country, it's gotta be worth a go. Wouldn't want to eat some of that stupid, cruel, gastro stuff i've heard of (live monkey brain etc) but with the exception of rat (cos their feckin rats!) or anything endangerd, bring it on.?

45 minutes ago, TOMO said:

love curried goat...

that dunns river seasoning is the best....you can get it in asda.....get some skinned and boned chicken thighs in a small roasting tin.. table spoon of olive oil drisled all over them a good sprinkle of the seasoning ...in the oven for 45 mins.....bloody great they are

Used to use Dunnes River jerk paste with the addition of dehydrated apple pieces to make 10 inch long sausages, they sold well at a quid each. Also used to hot smoke the marinated chicken thighs, gave it another dimension and retained the flavour and heat of the jerk, even had it on mackerel although it quickly overpowers the fish, what with it being thin fillets.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

One of the best things about travel IMO, weird and wonderful food.

Will give almost anything a go and have done. Want to try that tinned putrid fish from Iceland next. Keep looking at folks balking trying to eat it and thinking, give it here, i'll smash that!

Thing is, as long as it's a 'staple' or the norm in whatever country, it's gotta be worth a go. Wouldn't want to eat some of that stupid, cruel, gastro stuff i've heard of (live monkey brain etc) but with the exception of rat (cos their feckin rats!) or anything endangerd, bring it on.?

I've always thought I'd like to have a go at the fermented fish:thumbs: I don't mind having a go at most foods but I couldn't bring myself to try fetal duck eggs (Balut)