Bobby Robson Documentry

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talking of great managers.... thought id just share this letter i received at a bit of a shit time a few years ago....ive showed everyone else in the country so why not ?

Anyway, West Ham invading the pitch at Sligo Rovers ! Lol 

Anyone watched it? I genuinely thought it was one of the best things I have ever watched on football. I don’t mind saying I had a lump in my throat a few times watching it but the end had me

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Sad to see and most prob the boozer will end up a Islamic Center of some sort and the pie shop a kebab house or something similar ??????

When down there in 2014 me and my mate tried entering one of the Boozers along the road from the ground might of been the Boleyn ?it was full of WH anyways but the doormen refused us entry for our own safety.

So we ended up it that Spoons or whatever it was.

Thats pretty standard.....all clubs give their fans a list of designated " away " pubs to stop any kind of trouble.

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Sad to see and most prob the boozer will end up a Islamic Center of some sort and the pie shop a kebab house or something similar ??????

When down there in 2014 me and my mate tried entering one of the Boozers along the road from the ground might of been the Boleyn ?it was full of WH anyways but the doormen refused us entry for our own safety.

So we ended up it that Spoons or whatever it was.

Shame they didn't let you in..

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The main point is the distance the fans are from the pitch.

It was not constructed with football in mind.

Wembley Was.

Have you been to both grounds ?....because i have several times and in several different parts of the grounds and the viewing distances are no different.

At the end of the day a pitch is a pitch " the view " is not what fans miss about new stadiums its everything both inside and outside the ground.

This was the last time i was at the Etihad a few years ago we was asked to keep the space clear for the " younger audience ".....it was a f****n boy band playing live the whole place was like being on a Pontins holiday !!

IMG_2201.jpg

45 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Its all about the money and making it the all round family friendly entertainment spectacle is the way it's getting pushed .

I totally agree with that, said for ages that’s the way it’s going to go.....and in fairness, with the money needed by top league clubs, it’s the way it has to go.

One funny thing to come from all of it is, now football is safe you see all the wanna be thugs crawling out the woodwork.

I have a really good pal, lovely lad bless him.

In his 40s now and owner of a fairly big firm with about 70 staff, played football with him all through my 20s and into my 30s......when we was young, he’d be the lad diving under the table or running out the door if it all went off and absolutely shit himself if it got really naughty.

Nobody held it against him, some lads are just that way and the world needs gentle souls....if anything we looked out for him more and was quiet protective of him.

Now days, he is off to football on a Saturday, putting away the Stella on the train and all done up like a dogs dinner in the stone island and cap, head all shaved (because he is bald as a coot! Lol) and trying very hard to look every inch the “senior ex hooligan”.........we don’t say nothing to him but we have a chuckle about it and he isn’t on his own.

Football as a fashion statement huh ?

I find non league just as fun if not more fun now days.....none of all that, a few old boys and a good mixture of ages groups, men and women, kids, bit of local community about it.....love all that.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

As Iv stated the distances between the fans and the pitch at Wembley ' Ethiad ' Emirates are much closer than the Olympic Stadium where WH play.

Are you stating a fact or are you guessing ?

Have you been to Wembley and the Olympic Stadium or have you measured them ?

LIke i say ive been to Wembley and West Ham on numerous occasions in many different parts of the grounds and much as i dislike both grounds the viewing distances are the same.

21 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

So the viewing distances at the closest point at the Olympic are the same as the closest viewing points at Wembley ?????

If so why so Wembley seem to get favourable reviews and the Olympic dogs abuse as a footballing venue out of interest ???

Simply because when people compare Wembley they are comparing it to the old Wembley which was abysmal ( ok you would never have been there following Sunderland but just take my word for it ? )

And when people compare the Olympic Stadium they are comparing it to Upton Park and theres no comparison you could virtually slap the right winger in the face from the old chicken run.

But no ive never measured them im simply going on my own experiences of both grounds many times from many different viewpoints.....what are you going on ?....please dont tell me your view on the telly ?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I got dragged along to the new Spurs ground last week f**k me thats impressive.....i hate to admit it but Spurs are certainly a club on the up.

Brilliant advert on Sky the other days, flashing to all different fans wearing the shirts and scarfs and all that......then cuts to some paki hanging out then back of a people carrier with a scarf bearing the legend “Punjabi Spurs” !

Made my day that did ! :) 

• Like 1

There's only one Punjabi army wilf I would say having talked to a man city fan who said enithad will never feel like home as main rd did were he built his memories as a kid same as you or Nash or wilf you have your memories going to the game in the old ground but the games moved over to more business side of things and lost a lot of what actually made the club over the years and what it meant to the local community max can you remember mud bath pitches two footed challenges by the players when the ball got stuck and that geering up the fans stood not seated or fans stood right besides players on the touch line close enough to spit at and giving out serious abuse while stood with your mates that's what I class as the game not like today's games i would of thought there's nothing more demoralizing to a player than running out to a big stadium half empty 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Who's 66k stadium is half empty BM ?

I wouldn't know max like I said the games lost something from the old days to me I don't even watch international games theses days I do watch  and take a interest in the ruby though 

On 23/03/2019 at 21:25, Blackmag said:

There's only one Punjabi army wilf I would say having talked to a man city fan who said enithad will never feel like home as main rd did were he built his memories as a kid same as you or Nash or wilf you have your memories going to the game in the old ground but the games moved over to more business side of things and lost a lot of what actually made the club over the years and what it meant to the local community max can you remember mud bath pitches two footed challenges by the players when the ball got stuck and that geering up the fans stood not seated or fans stood right besides players on the touch line close enough to spit at and giving out serious abuse while stood with your mates that's what I class as the game not like today's games i would of thought there's nothing more demoralizing to a player than running out to a big stadium half empty 

On the plus side non league attendances are on the up....infact non league football is on the up in general a lot of people have just had enough of the Hollywood glamour type of game at the highest level and want a return to normality i pay £13 to watch my local side and get the best seat in the house if i get their first,they are getting 1200+ through the turnstyles compared to 4/500 10 years ago...its a good standard of football with plenty of investment,very competitive and fans of our generation get the football experience back that we fell in love with years ago.....i,ll always be a West Ham fan but i,ll never be as obsessed as i once was.

• Like 4
On 23/03/2019 at 18:13, maxhardcore said:

Been to both Old and New Wembleys to follow Sunderland ' never been to the Olympic stadium but everyone I know or spoke to that has have nothing good to say about it as a football stadium .

They to a man said your just too far away from the pitch even at the closest point.

WH would of probably been better building a state of the art proper footballing venue in Essex ??? Or Re developing Upton Park ????

I dont disagree with them.

I harped on about developing the old gaff for ages,if we had brought the east stand up to the same capacity as the west stand it would of taken us up to around 44k....which is plenty.....but no the council said it would be too high and interrupt the view from the tower blocks too much.........so what have they done since pulling the Boleyn down.....built a load of flats that were much higher than a new stand would ever have been !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1