Bobby Robson Documentry

40 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Depends what makes you tick I suppose, if I was in his shoes I'd be thinking I'm better than this and I'm gonna prove it, he gets the £70k whether he performs or not...why not get out and do what your paid for, considering it's most of our dreams as a kid....

You never know if he has a good season a big club comes in for him and he's on decent wage plus 10% of transfer fee.... a bit of pride and all that ..

Maybe he just realised what he is and that it’s probably never going to be any better than that for a player like him.......why is he going to commit suicide?

I mean, look at us with Carroll....we all know the craic with him but hey, it is what it is.

We were stupid enough to employ him and we haven’t had the bottle or the legal position to do anything about it so he just cracks on......it’s small potatoes really in the scheme of a football club.

Him leaving or staying won’t effect anything really, same with Rodwell at the time I reckon.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talking of great managers.... thought id just share this letter i received at a bit of a shit time a few years ago....ive showed everyone else in the country so why not ?

Anyway, West Ham invading the pitch at Sligo Rovers ! Lol 

Anyone watched it? I genuinely thought it was one of the best things I have ever watched on football. I don’t mind saying I had a lump in my throat a few times watching it but the end had me

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

I'm not a believer in directors of football roles.

Congerton first who signed Rodwell.

Same for Baine' but what the doc showed was Baine worked his nuts off and get a look at him at the beginning of the doc compared to the end.

It took its toll whereas Rodwell def did not work hard or give a fcuk

I’m sure his £1.2 million a year more than made up for it ! Lol 

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Get on the Doc Stan ' your love it.

Start by watching Premier Passions on YouTube then Roll into Sunderland Til I Die.

You'l be ditching Sala for Wyke before you know it lol 

I v just got a flashback to that scene in A Clockwork Orange ,were they force him to watch horrible stuff for his "'re education"

• Haha 2

Max all jokes aside wilf didn't say anything I haven't been for years regarding your fans yes you have had some great support  fantastic this season now your winning a lot  but were was they when you  were losing all the time your in a two team area try the northwest midlands or London as regards big stadiums I think the small close to the pitch stands especially with a little roof over them like you see a lot in lower league 3000 make a better atmosphere than 40 000 in some big  stadiums and clubs like Crewe Tranmere orient etc they don't lose half there crowd to relegation yet I bet they have seen half the hope you have yet your different gravy mind boggles 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2

Max I'm not knocking your club for one minute but like every club when there losing supporters disappear yet when there winning they reappear so this different gravy and top notch support doesn't fit just look at your attendances end of last season to now it says it all 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Hey it's football men who have been in the game years who quote Safc as a Massive club not just its support BM

They know there stuff I'm sure ?

Genuine question mate, have you ever considered they may be blowing smoke up your arse mate?........like when we get some player from somewhere and he says “West Ham was my boyhood club, dream come true etc etc”.......we all know it’s bollocks but everyone smiles and says “Oh that’s nice” 

Like I say max I'm not knocking safc the numbers through the turnstiles this season is very impressive to anyone but my point is this different gravy loyal till the end etc at any club there's a hard-core fan base then you get those who only turn up when your playing well or big games as your attendances this season show you have had a few bad seasons so hopefully your turning the corner 

On 22/03/2019 at 01:09, WILF said:

Just finished watching the Sunderland thing Max, and with absolutely no wind up at all here is my honest opinion.

Now, I understand I watched a tv programme and they can edit that any way they want but just based on watching I can tell you that clubs problem right away........it’s the fans!

They are an absolute embarrassment, they are completely deluded for starters.

All I kept hearing was “massive club, massive club”.......that football club should start with making the fans get real about their football.

Keeping on about the stadium and all that old bollocks, so f***ing what is what I’d be saying to them!

My little club is in a state of the art 60,000 seat stadium but it don’t make us Barcelona......we are a little mid table club who just happen to have a nice facility, end of.

This mob think they should be winning the premiership!......and the way they slag their team is terrible, no wonder no f****r wants to play for them.

winning 1-0 and it’s blinding, go down 2-1 and the fans are calling them all the wankers under the sun......I mean, it’s not like you have the best players in the world.

You have journeymen and players playing out their career and some youngsters just out of the academy.....that’s it, be real about them, your fans are breaking these lads.

There is one loon cracking on about “best support in the country” because you took a 1000 away to Bristol?.....big deal!.....non league clubs get a 1000 attendance.

Your fans are an absolute disgrace mate, all leaving 30 minutes from the end because you are a goal down, row upon rows of empty seats.

The players look beat coming out the tunnel and I’m not surprised.

As a club, you are a midget in an Italian suit 4 sizes too big......you belong in a tracksuit but you don’t want to grasp that reality and just enjoy going to your football whatever happens.

The reality is, it’s not the type of area your top class player is going to want come if he can get the same money somewhere else......it just isn’t !

I understand the fans love their area, but some 25 year old looking at the thick end of 30 large a week isn’t going to choose the NE unless he comes from there or there isn’t a nicer place to go......that’s reality 

So you get the players you get, and they play to the standard they are......that’s reaity 

Your stadium is too big for you at the current time and it’s giving fans ideas of grandeur they shouldn’t have......that’s reality

There was one geezer confronted Chris Coleman and called him a “prick”.......the bloke obviously ain’t got a clue because come on, it dont take much thinking about what Coleman has to work with.

All the managers you have had is a damning reflection on that club and on the pressure your fans put on the board.....it’s nonsense mate.

You sound like you love going your football and taking your nephew I think it is......well that’s it, just enjoy your day and make sure the young lad enjoys his day mate......tell him it’s about going football and f**k the result.

You should really be playing in a much smaller ground and your fans may start to get a grip and just enjoy going.

Then you will see a change in your players attitude.

Thats just my opinion anyway mate based on what I watched.

You surprise me you do Wilf i always had you down as a smart guy.

Having a sensible conversation about whether Sunderland being a massive football club is a real phenomenon is like having a sensible conversation about whether gender fluid non binary whatever its called is a real phenomenon......you dont take them serious you just smile and move on.

• Haha 2
On 22/03/2019 at 08:18, maxhardcore said:

And Wilf if you think the stadium WH now play in is fit for football and a nice  facility for football then deluded fits the bill .

Its anything but a football stadium mate that's for sure ?

I cant stand the new ground,i would go as far as to say its changed my entire football experience for the worse and for me the club will never be the same.

But as a facility it is second to none and ranks up alongside any other modern sports arena like the Etihad,Emirates the new Wembley....none of them are enjoyable places to watch football.....most West Ham fans never wanted the move but the few who did wanted progress,i didnt particularly as i knew what would come with progress....and as i now say to people......" I used to be a West Ham fan......now i am a West Ham customer "

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WILF said:

Yep, that’s exactly what I am saying.

I saw all your fans streaming across the bridge and towards your ground, the grub stalls and the craic outside, the boozers with all the old boys.......that’s what going to your club in football days is all about.

Sometimes it’s all you have to hold on to.......why do you think so many fans were gutted to leave the Boleyn ?

It was not because of the nice surroundings ! Lol.....it’s wall to wall paki shops and grubby as f**k but it’s about more than that.

Its the social club, the Boleyn and Queens with your pals, it’s pie and mash and a mug of tea and everyone chatting football talk.......that’s what I used to take my boy to, what happened on the pitch was just part of a whole thing.

He loves his little club for all the right reasons, even when every kid around him is talking about City or Liverpool or Man Unt or Barcelona and he still loves his hammers.

That, imho, is what it’s all about......don’t let him buy into all the negative crap some of them fans were spewing out mate......it will just ruin it for him pal 

I totally agree,the whole football experience is about more than just what happens on the pitch its about the community young and old,boys watching and learning how to communicate as men and togetherness on your own patch that stays with you on away trips.....put simpy,traditions.

Wilf did you know both The Denmark Arms and Nathans Pie Shop have both closed down since the move.....2 iconic landmarks gone due to the knock on effect of moving grounds.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilf did you know both The Denmark Arms and Nathans Pie Shop have both closed down since the move.....2 iconic landmarks gone due to the knock on effect of moving grounds.

Nathan’s gone as well?......I thought they were including Nathan’s in that coach up from the social club thing they do? 

11 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Max all jokes aside wilf didn't say anything I haven't been for years regarding your fans yes you have had some great support  fantastic this season now your winning a lot  but were was they when you  were losing all the time your in a two team area try the northwest midlands or London as regards big stadiums I think the small close to the pitch stands especially with a little roof over them like you see a lot in lower league 3000 make a better atmosphere than 40 000 in some big  stadiums and clubs like Crewe Tranmere orient etc they don't lose half there crowd to relegation yet I bet they have seen half the hope you have yet your different gravy mind boggles 

Couldnt agree more.....local non league football is where its at for me nowadays....i still get over the Hammers regular out of loyalty but my hope and aspirations have shifted.....i went to the England game last night and saw so many scarves of clubs like Wealdstone,Torquay,Dulwich Hamlet....proper football fans and having the banter about real football issues not silly dreams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I disagree comparing The Emirates ' Ethiad' and Wembley with WH place.

WH home is now probably the worst place to watch your football from a fans point of view' and that's not a dig it's just how it is.

It might have nice toilets / bars ect ect but from a standpoint of viewing football it's terrible.

How is it any different to Wembley ?

New football stadia is not built for the satisfaction of fans its built for the satisfaction of club owners.

• Like 1