• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

It strikes me as funny that when i mentioned i had seen a red stag in my field a few pages back i was ridiculed for being slow , couldn't get a photo ... I must be useless . Thinking logically i have farmed here for about 10 years and we have always had a herd of 20 or so reds that float in and out off the moor and every year we watch their calves grow , but in all the hours i have spent outside , day in day out , all hours of the day and night , lambing , tractor driving , fencing , walking ,shooting and of course out with my dogs ... countless hours ... I have only seen that one stag , a fleeting glance of a prime stag that must weigh 250 kg plus and be getting on for 6 foot at the head , and yet he must come every year for our hinds to get in calf . Yet at the mention of the possibility of a big cat being about , a creature that is naturally shy and evasive , wary of noise and humans , probably weighing 50 to 60 kg and only a couple of feet to the shoulder i am classed a dreamer . I have seen all sorts dead and alive and have a good understanding of our fauna and how it works ... I also understand when something isn't right or doesn't fit with what we think we understand . And just for the record i can manage the odd pic

20170527_155616.jpg

20180419_074816.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no more than folk who live and work on the land all there lives, I have the utmost respect for folk who say I won’t believe it until I see it as that’s a natural reaction, but those that just try to shout louder than everyone else to make a point are best ignored, ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 9
11 hours ago, runner neil said:

It strikes me as funny that when i mentioned i had seen a red stag in my field a few pages back i was ridiculed for being slow , couldn't get a photo ... I must be useless . Thinking logically i have farmed here for about 10 years and we have always had a herd of 20 or so reds that float in and out off the moor and every year we watch their calves grow , but in all the hours i have spent outside , day in day out , all hours of the day and night , lambing , tractor driving , fencing , walking ,shooting and of course out with my dogs ... countless hours ... I have only seen that one stag , a fleeting glance of a prime stag that must weigh 250 kg plus and be getting on for 6 foot at the head , and yet he must come every year for our hinds to get in calf . Yet at the mention of the possibility of a big cat being about , a creature that is naturally shy and evasive , wary of noise and humans , probably weighing 50 to 60 kg and only a couple of feet to the shoulder i am classed a dreamer . I have seen all sorts dead and alive and have a good understanding of our fauna and how it works ... I also understand when something isn't right or doesn't fit with what we think we understand . And just for the record i can manage the odd pic

20170527_155616.jpg

20180419_074816.jpg

What you've described here neil is a pretty common reaction/attitude, by people that don't have as much knowledge of wildlife as they think they do.

Not talking big cats here, but hares. A few years ago I was approached by a lad that wanted to catch some hares with his dog. So I suggested an area where I knew them to be in. He says to me 'naaa none there, I lamped up there 5 or 6 times last season'. ? ........... lol 5 or 6 times in a whole season?!! Lol. I went there about a week later and caught 2 the same night ?.

Big cats will have no problem whatsoever living in this country, and for the most part easily avoid being detected. There are big cat experts living in rainforests in south america for 3 years at a time, with trailcams set up etc looking for jaguars. Might get 3 or 4 pics on the cams, and only actually see ONE jaguar, ........ in 3 years actively looking for them! ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, runner neil said:

20170527_155616.jpg

20180419_074816.jpg

Lamping permission please neil.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, runner neil said:

how many people live in Mumbai ? And how many know they have Leopards living among them let alone seen one ?

24.5 million,its a shit-hole of epic proportions,the leopards are well known,televised.