're zero

Took Craig's gun out this morning to  're zero as scopes had been took off other day . Didn't take very long  and then I drove to a few feeders and spotted one at furthest feeder from me so crept along tree line and got to where I was confident of a shot . And just as I'm about to shoot a bloody cock pheasant  flies up from god knows where and squirrel legs it.i walked to a small plantation and spotted several deer legging it in opposite direction  and caught site of movement  at base of a tree . Squirrels playing chasey  around tree (pairing up) .lined one up and smack it curls up at base of tree  and other just froze on side of tree  . It soon joined it's mate on the floor as accupel walloped it in napper things went quiet so made way back to feeders and   2 feeding together    .lined one up and hit it in  heart lung area and it ran a few yds  then stopped dead .. called it a day as rain started to get heavy

20190307_121357.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mattwhite said:

Nice write up?

I can almost hear you cursing the pheasant as he spoilt the first shot?

Chunky looking squizzers there as well mate???

I can almost hear his arse clap as the pheasant took off :laugh:

Nice shooting mate - they look like some good healthy squirrels :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 07/03/2019 at 15:38, ftm said:

Took Craig's gun out this morning to  're zero as scopes had been took off other day . Didn't take very long  and then I drove to a few feeders and spotted one at furthest feeder from me so crept along tree line and got to where I was confident of a shot . And just as I'm about to shoot a bloody cock pheasant  flies up from god knows where and squirrel legs it.i walked to a small plantation and spotted several deer legging it in opposite direction  and caught site of movement  at base of a tree . Squirrels playing chasey  around tree (pairing up) .lined one up and smack it curls up at base of tree  and other just froze on side of tree  . It soon joined it's mate on the floor as accupel walloped it in napper things went quiet so made way back to feeders and   2 feeding together    .lined one up and hit it in  heart lung area and it ran a few yds  then stopped dead .. called it a day as rain started to get heavy

20190307_121357.jpg

Something I've never shot , I will have to get myself out for a session on them sometime

• Like 1