Squirrel pack

Walking with the dogs over miles of countryside every week, the one animal thriving more than any other is the humble grey squirrel, my dogs are getting better and better at  finding treeing and marking them for me to shoot down with the catty, this is happening every week with no encouragement from me to the point I recon I could actively start hunting squirrels on a regular basis but is that illegal with dogs ???? As they are a non native invasive species and my second point is if I was out actively hunting squirrels with a small pack would I be breaking the law if they accidentally got off on some other native species completely by accident??? Here’s today’s contender now sat in front of a trail cam waiting to be eaten 

72160EC3-8D8C-4968-B189-C2A416164BD7.jpeg

BE6A8BDE-B544-498C-9A0A-1B84717C3492.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walking with the dogs over miles of countryside every week, the one animal thriving more than any other is the humble grey squirrel, my dogs are getting better and better at  finding treeing and marki

I no mate he has a very warped mind, he wants to imaging you pulling it’s pants to one side for a little feel don’t give him any ammo for his wank bank ??

one of my favourite fish the humble roach...........               ??

Posted Images

I,m trying mate but just wondering the legality’s of actively hunting squirrels with a small pack as I find it quite good childish entertainment charging through the woods with dogs and catty and could see it becoming good way of squirrel control ??

• Like 2

There on the hit list and the dogs aren’t catching them there just retrieving same as using the dogs when pigeon shooting!

theres hardly any grays about my way, use to be loads but with all these grants the estates are wiping them all out good bit of sport free roving for them!

5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

As long as they're not actively coursing them, based on what you said just marking, your fine

But as an invasive alien  species is it still covered by the same laws as native animals ???

59 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m trying mate but just wondering the legality’s of actively hunting squirrels with a small pack as I find it quite good childish entertainment charging through the woods with dogs and catty and could see it becoming good way of squirrel control ??

Oh wait till walt sees this.. he loves a duel with a squirrel.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, fred90 said:

same here rabbit numbers very low but greys are booming. my little beddywhippet marks & trees them. looking to get a catty any recommendations? & what's best ttf of ott?. 

I use a variety of catty,s mate just depends on what’s in my pocket, I don’t think any particular style is better than another once you have your anchor point and site mark on the fork it’s down to you, but even if you miss them it gets them moving have a look at the wasp catty,s pretty cheap and can be used ttf,ott or with tubes  until you find your preference ???

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Trust you to know it's a Male searching for balls was you

I know it's fecking weird isn't it.when you look the squirrel over for damage there's a pair of balls on it.

Do you think it could of been a female ?

1 minute ago, king said:

I know it's fecking weird isn't it.when you look the squirrel over for damage there's a pair of balls on it.

Do you think it could of been a female ?

Not unless she is riding a space hopper, squirrels have rather large plums and are easily seen without any intimacy ???

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Not unless she is riding a space hopper, squirrels have rather large plums and are easily seen without any intimacy ???

I know mate but lurcherman seems to think you got to part there fur to see them lol.

• Like 1