wild polecat

king

has anyone had a wild polecat hanging around there ferret court. 

i cant figure out whats going on as a few times a week 1 part of the house kitchen stinks of what i assume is a wild polecat identical smell to a ferret but about 10x stronger.

it bloody stinks.ive wacked the blocked off chimney breast in the kitchen a few times and the smell seems to go within an hour.

so would it be going into the loft and how would it get there surely it couldnt climb the outside walls.

the smell appeared yesterday the first time in 1 week. i cant get my head around how the smell could get into the kitchen though 

surely the smell cant get through a solid wall.i even sellotaped a piece of paper over the chimney breast vent a few weeks ago but the smell still randomly appears.

any ideas.

and my jill has taken a keen interest in the top of the court standing up and scratching etc.for the last few weeks.

so im sure something is hangimg about the court/house etc.

I believe that polecats are being released back into the wild covertly, much the same as was done with otters and will be done again soon with pine Martin’s, it’s part of an eu rewilding scheme that seems to have no boundary,s I have caught 11 different polecats on cameras I have set up around the edge of Bristol in two different locations 8 were on one camera, also others I know that have used trail cams for years are catching polecats for the first time in the last few year never seen one in 55 years and 11 in the last 2, I don’t think that’s just nature??

• Like 1

Hi how Micky. How you doing? Ashby still going along nicely. Why don't you drop in the Bull one day? I think pics of the 'wild polecat' will reveal big fck off ferrets returned to the wild because guys couldn't handle them. Only an opinion mind. Jok.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I believe that polecats are being released back into the wild covertly, much the same as was done with otters and will be done again soon with pine Martin’s, it’s part of an eu rewilding scheme that seems to have no boundary,s I have caught 11 different polecats on cameras I have set up around the edge of Bristol in two different locations 8 were on one camera, also others I know that have used trail cams for years are catching polecats for the first time in the last few year never seen one in 55 years and 11 in the last 2, I don’t think that’s just nature??

I've seen atleast 5/6 dead on the roads in 2 years down here.also found 2 whites dead in a field and a white dead on the road by work.i think there all just escaped ferrets.

24 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I've seen atleast 5/6 dead on the roads in 2 years down here.also found 2 whites dead in a field and a white dead on the road by work.i think there all just escaped ferrets.

I’ve seen wild polecats dead on dual carriageway outside Monmouth and on a road middle of nowhere overlooking talybont water.

completely different looking to a polecat ferret ,darker & sturdier looking 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I’ve seen wild polecats dead on dual carriageway outside Monmouth and on a road middle of nowhere overlooking talybont water.

completely different looking to a polecat ferret ,darker & sturdier looking 

I've seen 2 dead in the road within 8 miles from my house.and slipped the dog 2 seasons ago on the lamp.

It was a wild polecat the dogs broke to ferrets so he didn't tackle it.

But it was jumping nearly 3ft in the air doing what looked like back flips.and hissing so loud I could hear it from 150yds away.by the time I got there it had gone through the hedge.

I can't imagine a domestic ferret acting so aggressive.

I'm 43 yrs of age and only ever seen a pinemarten once until about five years ago they started to get spotted all over.last year I had a call from a family who thought their mums cottage looked like it had been overturned inside.checked all possible entry points and no sign.then a light bulb moment and I pulled back a small piece of cardboard that stood up against an open fireplace!!.I set the cage trap in front of the fireplace and sure enough ,a pinemarten next day and another the day after that.thank god his mother was in hospital at the time. And yes I did release them many miles from the house.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 03/02/2019 at 13:07, king said:

has anyone had a wild polecat hanging around there ferret court. 

i cant figure out whats going on as a few times a week 1 part of the house kitchen stinks of what i assume is a wild polecat identical smell to a ferret but about 10x stronger.

it bloody stinks.ive wacked the blocked off chimney breast in the kitchen a few times and the smell seems to go within an hour.

so would it be going into the loft and how would it get there surely it couldnt climb the outside walls.

the smell appeared yesterday the first time in 1 week. i cant get my head around how the smell could get into the kitchen though 

surely the smell cant get through a solid wall.i even sellotaped a piece of paper over the chimney breast vent a few weeks ago but the smell still randomly appears.

any ideas.

and my jill has taken a keen interest in the top of the court standing up and scratching etc.for the last few weeks.

so im sure something is hangimg about the court/house etc.

I had a stoat climbing up the pebbledash on my house and taking baby chicks out of a nest in the roof. Found it dead a week later in the water but at the bottom of my drain pipe, no lid on the water butt, so guess it had lost it's grip on the way up/down, fallen in and drowned.