Last hour of day light

Last hour or first hour of day light ? I can't decide which is best but it's been the last hour which has proved fruitful the last couple of days ,

Shot four yesterday and another four today,

When I arrived today i could see the feeder was empty on my approach but noticed two squirrels in the area so quietly got in my hide ,it wasn't long before one of them made his way over he checked the feeder first realised it was empty and made for the pheasant feeder near by which is where I took the shot ,first one in the bag ,next one was a bit more of a test approximately 35yards with only its head showing above a branch and quite a few twigs but took my time and the second one was in the bag.The third was a very satisfying shot right on the edge of the wood which I know is 45ish yards from my hide ,with next to no wind and a good solid rest I put the cross hairs just above his head and took the shot that was number three , as I looked back around to the feeder number four was sat bolt upright on a pallet not more than 25 yards away looking straight at me he didn't stand a chance, I should of had a fifth on the way back but I had forgot to reload after leaving the hide to pick up ?

20190129_163136.jpg

• Like 10

I'm with you Mr Wilkes ,

my better bags have been in the morning's but I've only been able to get the last hour but I feel a morning session is needed in the wood I checked this evening as I only filled the  feeders in this wood Sunday morning and they've cleaned them out!

Although this one wont be back 

20190130_165953.jpg

• Like 1