Any litters planned

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

New year new me an all that bollox haha my ears were burning lol not really a mate o mine said to me your on the hunting life there’s a post about bedlington collie xs said some nice dogs on there so had to come on for a peek 

Well nice to hear from you sir how's the dog gerrin on

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This ones bred that way and definitely doesn’t lack pace. 

Alright jackknife mate.Heidi is out my old bitch Millie she’s a line bred collie/greyhound x whippet/greyhound with a small drop of deerhound blood added in the late 80s she stands 26tts I bred her to

Will be covering ma pals bull x bitch with ma Wheaton x end of feb if there any spare might be a couple for re home depending litter size 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Well nice to hear from you sir how's the dog gerrin on

Rubbish season mate started of on fire ended as quick as it started lol bitch nocked a toe up had her to the bone man said lead walk for 3 months then retry her see how you get on done the 3 months got back to it was short lived I’m gonna have the toe off. How’s your season gone?

19 minutes ago, poxon said:

Rubbish season mate started of on fire ended as quick as it started lol bitch nocked a toe up had her to the bone man said lead walk for 3 months then retry her see how you get on done the 3 months got back to it was short lived I’m gonna have the toe off. How’s your season gone?

Pretty rubbish mate started good then myxi appear and knackered it done a few other bits and pieces but as rabbits are me main thing it's bin crapington 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, poxon said:

Which toe is it mate? I'm having similar problems.  Middle toe front foot is very swollen. He'll let me touch it now but not 2 weeks ago. 3 month is a long time to wait when it's a guessing game eh...

On 25/01/2019 at 00:54, fazza123 said:

Which toe is it mate? I'm having similar problems.  Middle toe front foot is very swollen. He'll let me touch it now but not 2 weeks ago. 3 month is a long time to wait when it's a guessing game eh...

Alright fella. It was front leg far left out side toe my bitch done luckily my bitch was the same it swelled up when she first done it so had her to the bone man he said to me because the bitch was a young un he didn’t want to advice taking toes off he said if she was 3-4yrs old  he’d advise would be have it off but he said what’s 3months to see if it calcifies up An heals ok so I can use her he said I’ve lost nothing because the season would be nearly done for he said if it doesn’t heal have it off over the summer months 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

Alright fella. It was front leg far left out side toe my bitch done luckily my bitch was the same it swelled up when she first done it so had her to the bone man he said to me because the bitch was a young un he didn’t want to advice taking toes off he said if she was 3-4yrs old  he’d advise would be have it off but he said what’s 3months to see if it calcifies up An heals ok so I can use her he said I’ve lost nothing because the season would be nearly done for he said if it doesn’t heal have it off over the summer months 

I've read that dogs rely more on the middle toes than the outside ones so you'll probably be fine if you have it removed. I'm taking mine to the vets in the next week or so. Killing me taking him for a walk and not being able to slip him ?

1 hour ago, fazza123 said:

I've read that dogs rely more on the middle toes than the outside ones so you'll probably be fine if you have it removed. I'm taking mine to the vets in the next week or so. Killing me taking him for a walk and not being able to slip him ?

That’s what a few people have said I should be alright being the outside toe.hopefully yours comes good fella.it killed me most of this season mate knowing I couldn’t do out just lead walking I was putting silly miles road walk in as I wanted to keep her fit in the conditions I was dealing with I started biking her towards the end of the 3months just steady first lamping trip back out was steady just a few runs second one done the toe in on the turn only having one dog to run is a pain in the ass some times that’s why I’ve got my name on another so I’ll always have something to run plus with rabbit numbers dropping be nice to have two to work 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, poxon said:

That’s what a few people have said I should be alright being the outside toe.hopefully yours comes good fella.it killed me most of this season mate knowing I couldn’t do out just lead walking I was putting silly miles road walk in as I wanted to keep her fit in the conditions I was dealing with I started biking her towards the end of the 3months just steady first lamping trip back out was steady just a few runs second one done the toe in on the turn only having one dog to run is a pain in the ass some times that’s why I’ve got my name on another so I’ll always have something to run plus with rabbit numbers dropping be nice to have two to work 

Yes I'm in the same boat. It's nice to have 1 dog to work all the time and put all your time into but when you get an injury your stuffed. I'm going to build a bigger kennel this spring and get a pup to bring on for next season. I've not had a running dog for 4 years and bought this off a pal after watching him work, bought it and it knocked its toe up on the first hare I run. That's just how lucky I am ?‍♂️

22 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

A up poxon what you doing back? Savage about her toe mate still sort the problem out sooner rather then later get then she will still have plenty more seasons ahead of her ??

Ears were burning lol Na a mate said about the collie greyhound bedlington greyhound post that had been put up so I come back to be nosy.itll be coming off soon get her on the mend ?? Should hopefully be having apup off that bitch out the first litter she’s a unbelievable bitch back to a bedlington bred dog with the same quality’s looking forward to it 

• Like 1