Back to the woods

After last week's sorty at the woods , I decided to head back there this morning for a couple of hours 

Parked up outside a stable block that sits beside the woods and got the dog out and the wildcat and headed inside the woods  . I love the wildcat and is the perfect rifle for the woods ?

Got myself settled along with the dog ,poured a coffee and waited, it wasn't too long before a nice Willy crow pitched in I managed to get a decent reading on the rangefinder 43 yards give or take a yard ( its always tricky getting a good reading this time of year loads of twigs can play havoc with them ) anyway a good chest shot and lights out for him ! ?and 1st retrieve of the morning for Jet

Missed two shots on pigeons , bloody twigs ! Lol but eventually managed to bag one a 30 ish yard shot to the boiler room and he came crashing down with a thud ?

by then time was getting on so with that called it a day, breasted out the single pigeon that'll be stir fried later with a couple of pigeon I have in the freezer ☺?

image.jpg

image.jpg[/url

Mike

Edited by Gamegetter
  • Like 9

20 hours ago, Gamegetter said:

After last week's sorty at the woods , I decided to head back there this morning for a couple of hours 

Parked up outside a stable block that sits beside the woods and got the dog out and the wildcat and headed inside the woods  . I love the wildcat and is the perfect rifle for the woods ?

Got myself settled along with the dog ,poured a coffee and waited, it wasn't too long before a nice Willy crow pitched in I managed to get a decent reading on the rangefinder 43 yards give or take a yard ( its always tricky getting a good reading this time of year loads of twigs can play havoc with them ) anyway a good chest shot and lights out for him ! ?and 1st retrieve of the morning for Jet

Missed two shots on pigeons , bloody twigs ! Lol but eventually managed to bag one a 30 ish yard shot to the boiler room and he came crashing down with a thud ?

by then time was getting on so with that called it a day, breasted out the single pigeon that'll be stir fried later with a couple of pigeon I have in the freezer ☺?

image.jpg

image.jpg[/url

Mike

That top picture goes to show the camo stock works very well blends in great with it's background, and how much the action stands out...

1 hour ago, big napper said:

Nice shooting and pics mate, got a question about the squirrel caller mate iv just ordered one are they as good as iv read they are.

Ok , yes mate I have the primos model had it for 15 years or so ! . Like every call you need to practice but do work , I have in the past called them close enough to poke them with the muzzle lol ! 

The acme pigeon call is also excellant especially this time of year 

Regards, Mike

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, big napper said:

Cheers mate, yes its the primos iv ordered and i was looking at the pigeon caller aswell so i think il get that too, thanks again

Ok , good luck with the calls , give us a shout if you need to know anything else 

Regards, Mike

• Thanks 1

I bought a crow caller an lost it on me first outing? how've you managed 15 year!!

I was terrible with it too lol

seeing the cat makes me realise I should of never flogged mine... nice shooting and good work with the calling, its an art!