A dash of dingo....

Hi Jigsaw. He was called Karana Krypto and he's the grandfather of my bitch and the sire of Dave Cs kelpie (I think).

I got my book and DVD (and a training DVD too) from a site called kelpiehistory. Hope that helps. 

19 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Was KW Field Trial dogs 

Cleo and Possum Kelpie crosses ?

no mate ...I think that cleo bitch was actualy a hancock.....possum I belive was a kelpie 1st cross......lloydy will know he had the litter brother or sister to that possum....or leeview mate.....sore leeview last week mate working in Lincoln had a chinwag for 10 mins..

21 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Tomo where did you get yours from again and how did you source her?

What happened to the little bitch again?

Would you have another ?

off an old hunting forum that no longer exsists ....she was 3/4 grew x 1/4 kelpie....I got her from a nice chap from Greenock near Glasgow ..

had her pts at 7 ....she was a c**t for fighting with other dogs....

I'm not sure they can ad anything that cant be found in a good lurcher that has a dash of well bred collie....

I have loads of pics ....but as with all my others there on photobucket so cant download them on to here

7 hours ago, TOMO said:

no mate ...I think that cleo bitch was actualy a hancock.....possum I belive was a kelpie 1st cross......lloydy will know he had the litter brother or sister to that possum....or leeview mate.....sore leeview last week mate working in Lincoln had a chinwag for 10 mins..

No Kelpie in those dogs...

File0661_edited-1.jpg.01716e01e7948cb1ebbd5d8a00c532af.jpg

14 hours ago, Neal said:

Hi Jigsaw. He was called Karana Krypto and he's the grandfather of my bitch and the sire of Dave Cs kelpie (I think).

I got my book and DVD (and a training DVD too) from a site called kelpiehistory. Hope that helps. 

Spot on neil.it could be on my pressie list,that dog was also grandsire to my bitch i was told..thanks for the input

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:59, W. Katchum said:

Is the dvd any cop an worth a buy ?

I think I got it a year or so before the book and it's basically an abridged version of the book (or rather the book's an extended version of the DVD).

Although there's a little bit about kelpies in general it's more a history book in that it looks at a number of the theories about how the kelpie came about and, with a hell of a lot of research, comes to some conclusions. I think I read in there that one of the Scots who supplied some of the early dogs to Australia was she same gentleman who gave Queen Victoria her favourite collie and that either his or someone else's collies contributed to the Gordon Setter gene pool which could explain the black and tan colouring predominating in kelpies because of some of the crosses being used too.

9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Spot on neil.it could be on my pressie list,that dog was also grandsire to my bitch i was told..thanks for the input

Ah yeah, of course he was: I've just remembered that you got her from Mike. Both Noggin and Ned have some Karana blood in them too but there's is via Karana Lucy who's Noggin's grand-dam and Ned's grand-dam and great great grand-dam.

Edited by Neal
extra information
  • Thanks 1
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:59, maxhardcore said:

3-4 grey 1/4 kelpie Tomo

or whippet-Greyhound x kelpie ?

grew...like I said....

my mistake..not kelpie in lloydys or kw....it was cattle dog

• Like 1