Coursing Bred

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Fans of coursing/saluki type lurchers seem to think every lurcher man should have that type, they also find it very hard to understand when folk don't want that type or don't share their love for that type.

What is your preferred x sir

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any pups you breed will sell for loads especially if you just put a load of random names like Fred x Suzy out of Hopkins slider bred out the original ball buster dog  No one will question you for

it is definitely the way forward if you wont something you for a bit of every thing and can stay running all night and day coursing blood is the way to go my dog i run now out of my old dog will take

Collie bull greyhound

Posted Images

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

Black yon those big marches yas need ta fill ya frame we may not get ought da days especially in ta Congo atb bill

I hear ya bill no point pissing about just gorra gerron wi it them Congo brothers can come bad men at the slightest glimmer of weakness 

That's the spirit brother 

36 minutes ago, two crows said:

here is an up to date family tree with micky drews joe in it perhaps someone can say whe he was bred how he was bred and by whom.

DSCF7564.JPG

What was rambo's breeding t c? And didn't jeff smith's fly have whippet in it?

Edited by shaaark
21 hours ago, TOMO said:

Shame about her grassils muscle been a great bitch to my mate has Dorris.....I badgered him like feck to take her on her first ferreting days at 5 and a half months old...there was deep snow on the tops...and I knew she would catch a few easy ones and start her carrier on a high....funny enough it snowed on us yesterday just a few fields away from that very first day....she has earnerd her place by the fire side that's for sure

I have the whole day on video mate. 5 and half months old.  marking, catching, retrieving all in one day over half a dozen bunnies.

Best bit was when I'm digging a bunny out and she sees a few bouncing about in the snow about 2 fields away..she's looking at me and the warren and sort of asking permission to go. So I said " go on then " and off she trots along the wall side all the way to the bunnies on the horizon..... not running just trotting.. when she gets there, she jumps the wall and the bunnies scatter, I see her running around like a headless chicken bobbing about behind the wall. I think no way has she got one of them ...but she did.. next thing she's carrying it back through the deep snow and jumping up at the other side of the wall every hundred yards or so to check where I am..I just carry on digging the ferret and bunny out... when she gets horizontal she takes about 3 attempts to get over the wall with the bunny and without a word from me, she drops it at my side while I'm digging away and watching her out of the corner of my eye. 

She has never missed a beat since that day... totally solid.

Her sire is coursing bred over a collie lurcher.

13 minutes ago, vin said:

I have the whole day on video mate. 5 and half months old.  marking, catching, retrieving all in one day over half a dozen bunnies.

Best bit was when I'm digging a bunny out and she sees a few bouncing about in the snow about 2 fields away..she's looking at me and the warren and sort of asking permission to go. So I said " go on then " and off she trots along the wall side all the way to the bunnies on the horizon..... not running just trotting.. when she gets there, she jumps the wall and the bunnies scatter, I see her running around like a headless chicken bobbing about behind the wall. I think no way has she got one of them ...but she did.. next thing she's carrying it back through the deep snow and jumping up at the other side of the wall every hundred yards or so to check where I am..I just carry on digging the ferret and bunny out... when she gets horizontal she takes about 3 attempts to get over the wall with the bunny and without a word from me, she drops it at my side while I'm digging away and watching her out of the corner of my eye. 

She has never missed a beat since that day... totally solid.

Her sire is coursing bred over a collie lurcher.

Just showing off that lol

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, two crows said:

here is an up to date family tree with micky drews joe in it perhaps someone can say whe he was bred how he was bred and by whom.

DSCF7564.JPG

his breeding is already on this thread and guessing you know it anyway? Merlin x Russ R's Lilly

• Like 1