dog diet and supplementation

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we get a bit caught up in this. I don’t give supplements personally as I think the stuff they need is in the food. Some people add things like bone builder, vitamins etc if they can’t get hold

Looks a bit rum there piere   If boris seen that he would order his guards to torch the place Any chance of borrowing that crack pipe

No need for a sorry me old bod  What a flipping nice bloke  Not like that boris snobby yarded twat 

Posted Images

I used to feed tripe to my dogs, dont believe anyone who tells you its shite because it is very good feed , i cant get it handy or cheaply anymore over here so thats why i dont include it in the dogs meals anymore, fresh green beef tripe is brilliant, however lambs tripe runs the arse of the dogs a bit. 

13 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Sounds like your doing alright but maybe some chicken and offal meaty bones and some veg and any table scraps but I'm not sure about the garlic some say yes and some no

They get beef bones to chew on in the pens keeps them quiet and occupied and provides calcium.. they also get scraps from a deli once in a while when i can get my hands on it... ive been looking into including more vegetables into their diet what veggies do you feed ? 

6 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

That's not what socks said about tripe said it was shite and people that feed to their dogs are shite

Well what socks says means very little Oerter and I do mean very little trouble up with him he reckons tripe contains lots a moisture but both you and I know all flesh around eighty percent moisture but like Bill says Peter tripes good fa thee me and the dog atb bill

2 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

They get beef bones to chew on in the pens keeps them quiet and occupied and provides calcium.. they also get scraps from a deli once in a while when i can get my hands on it... ive been looking into including more vegetables into their diet what veggies do you feed ? 

Most of the veg I use would be from the table scraps things like carrots cabbage turnip sweet potatoes etc I also give them pasta or brown rice as a filler if I'm trying to cut their weight 

• Like 1

i buy from aldis or lidl ,bags of mixed frozen vegetables ,,a cup of tripe , a cup of minced chicken ,,and a cup of beef mince on alternative nights ,,the dogs thrive on it ,,i find the tripe used with other feed great for putting the weight ..sardines 3-4 nights a week and when its freezing outside i make a stew from all of the above ,,keeps them in great nick ..i have a man up here sionnach that can supply you with tripe ,washed and minced ,if your looking for  it .

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i buy from aldis or lidl ,bags of mixed frozen vegetables ,,a cup of tripe , a cup of minced chicken ,,and a cup of beef mince on alternative nights ,,the dogs thrive on it ,,i find the tripe used with other feed great for putting the weight ..sardines 3-4 nights a week and when its freezing outside i make a stew from all of the above ,,keeps them in great nick ..i have a man up here sionnach that can supply you with tripe ,washed and minced ,if your looking for  it .

I must get mixed veg for them get the minerals and vitamins into them ? The tripe is great feed packs on weight on a dog. I pm'd you about it there.

48 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Chicken wings marinated in salmon oil for at least 4hrs but preferably overnight , seasoned with SF 50 and sweet potato on the side.

I use salmon oil and sf 50 , and they get fatty lamb ribs chicken carcasses beef trimmings mix veg from Aldi goats yogurt and tined fish in tomato sauce,  

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Chicken wings marinated in salmon oil for at least 4hrs but preferably overnight , seasoned with SF 50 and sweet potato on the side.

Do you allow them salt and pepper on that and butter on the potatos or are they on a stricter diet than that?

• Haha 2