Rabbit numbers

Not many down my way but enough to keep me going got to do a bit of driving between spots but no hardship really. Places that used to hold a few bunnys when I had my bull x about 4/5 Years back are now dead but others seemed to have recoverd and hold a few now alot are hedge huggers untill early hours then they venture further out. Pointless going out before 11/12 For me 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Not many down my way but enough to keep me going got to do a bit of driving between spots but no hardship really. Places that used to hold a few bunnys when I had my bull x about 4/5 Years back are now dead but others seemed to have recoverd and hold a few now alot are hedge huggers untill early hours then they venture further out. Pointless going out before 11/12 For me 

Same here mate bit of driving about between spots plenty of hedge huggers here think once the crop starts coming up there be more runs to be had right out in the field an has the hedge line dies back after a few frost there be more out feeding in the fields. If I can get a couple every time I go out once I start getting going properly I’ll be a happy man I’m not interested in pushing young dogs slow consistent An steady this season 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Same here mate bit of driving about between spots plenty of hedge huggers here think once the crop starts coming up there be more runs to be had right out in the field an has the hedge line dies back after a few frost there be more out feeding in the fields. If I can get a couple every time I go out once I start getting going properly I’ll be a happy man I’m not interested in pushing young dogs slow consistent An steady this season 

Need bit of wind and rain lads crap at the minute 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcukin Hell lads it’s daylight outside with this moon no surprised you’s ain’t seeing much ?? I just had a drive round few fields an there is rabbits about but come the dark week an hopefully a half decent bit a wind I know I’ll get a lot more sport an bigger bags, if I don’t ruin it before then?

Yeah your right but sometimes you just got to have a go

• Like 1
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcukin Hell lads it’s daylight outside with this moon no surprised you’s ain’t seeing much ?? I just had a drive round few fields an there is rabbits about but come the dark week an hopefully a half decent bit a wind I know I’ll get a lot more sport an bigger bags, if I don’t ruin it before then?

If your not out looking you don’t know mate is the old saying your never see nothing sat on the sofa....that’s my old motivational saying if I’m in 2 minds to bother or not I’ve had some pretty decent nights when the conditions are all wrong for a lamp pre ban and ban I try using a bit of field craft though using hedge lines to my advantage staying on one side An coming through for a look I don’t think it makes much difference if your visiting someone else’s land.down in the midlands I wouldn’t of thought there’s no numbers men as there are no numbers just honest men who go for a few runs i think if I had to wait for conditions to be right for lamping it’d be a long wait...with one or 2 trips on the lamp a season so any opportunity to get out counts for something long as you can switch land about my highest number of rabbits round here as been 7s with my pups dam 5s an 7s were her common in her prime with some nights being none but it all swings in roundabouts I remember one night I wanted to lamp An it was rolling fog the guy I was due to lamp with said f**k that to foggy you won’t see shit let alone catch jack shit he was kicking himself come morning to see a pre ban photo I’d sent him with 7rabbits in as well 

• Like 1

Theres a few about local to me, but they not easy to ferret or lamp, catch the odd one for ferret food but i dont really bother. Few places 30/50 m away have held good numbers through the summer months, seen aload with mixi mind so wont hold my breath. Having a day out sunday with a mate, some young ferrets and our lurcher pups..... I be happy if we get 10 between us?

• Like 1

Five years ago they was good numbers on the Land I work and l took double figures  few times but now Iucky if I see any . totally gutted as ferreting is my thing through the season,of course  I love lamping ,mooching but for me nothing beats ferreting.

Plenty of other things for my dogs around but it's going to be a blank season round my way on the rabbits.

I have few days in Yorkshire,lincs arranged so not alls Lost,

Hope everyone as a safe and enjoyable season,

Atvb

• Like 1