Crosman 2240

I've been fancying some sort of Co2 gun for a while now - I wouldn't be without a springer and a PCP but, there's just something satisfying about the way a Co2 gun spits when it's fired.

I've been looking at this 2240 on Freeads for a few days - it was just round the corner from me.

......... The previous owner has done a bit to it - GMAC steel breech, shoulder stock, 10.5" barrel, Webley QGS silencer, Nikko Sterling 4x32 ao scope and, some other bits internally.

When I went round there to have a look, it turned out that the bloke is a real Crosman nerd - he had loads of these with all sorts of modifications. 

There was some nice kit.

Being essentially a Co2 pistol, I wasn't expecting much from it other than some fun plinking and, maybe some short range work in the woods.

The bloke said that you get around 20 shots from a 12g capsule so, this morning, I set up a target at 27yrds and fired 20 .22 FAPs at it.

........ The target is the size of a 2p.

This little gun actually did quite well - it feels basic but solid and, it sent the pellets straight. 

I didn't have to adjust the scope at all.

The trigger is single stage but, fairly crisp and predictable.

Anyway, here's the pictures .......... I thought I'd also chuck in a couple of 'before and after' pics of the FAPs.

:thumbs:

IMG_20180923_112618.jpg

IMG_20180924_085025.jpg

IMG_20180924_085050.jpg

IMG_20180924_085125.jpg

• Like 5

That's very nice, Jon, and it'll give you endless fun !

I love mine ! For the job they were designed for, you can't get better, I reckon.

It's not as fancy as that one, but it does push over 8 ft/lb. I use it just for short range rats, squirrels etc.........10 -15m with Bisley Mags ! Ouch !

I found the trigger too heavy, so I squeezed the spring a bit to lighten it but, apart from that, I've resisted the temptation to start modding.............Crosman geekery is a world all of its own ! : D

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rez said:

Ya gonna be game bashin with this my man? Be mint that at 20 yards from a feeder/bait.

I'm thinking about it mate :hmm:

At the moment, it looks likes the Co2 capsules will keep getting stuck because of the mods that have been done on it.

...... Once that's sorted, I do fancy it for knocking squirrels off branches :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...