Do apple spy on you

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would say it matters when your conversations can be recorded without your consent.

So much simpler when I was a kid and didn't have to think about this shit 

They are onto you,been watching sandfield road for months,just a matter of time...………..    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, neil r said:

They must have listened to the phone call because that was the only way it could have known I was going there this morning. I’ve not used any apps to find the address or searched on google because I already know him and where he lives , all I did was say to him I’d nip over this morning while I was on the phone to him on Monday night . Whether it’s interesting to them or not is neither here nor there , the only mention of me going over today was during an actual private phone call , not a text or email or any other app where I’d be typing stuff in 

Why would they covertly listen in on your call and then put the destination in to your Google maps for you alerting you to their presence ?

25 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Why would they covertly listen in on your call and then put the destination in to your Google maps for you alerting you to their presence ?

Absolutely no idea hence the original post . It was Apple maps on my iPhone not google maps and it’s one of them widgets that are on the screen when you swipe right off the home page . What’s even more confusing is how it knew the person I was talking to lives on sanfield road 

Edited by neil r
Misspelled
58 minutes ago, neil r said:

Absolutely no idea hence the original post . It was Apple maps on my iPhone not google maps and it’s one of them widgets that are on the screen when you swipe right off the home page . What’s even more confusing is how it knew the person I was talking to lives on sanfield road 

thats some weird stuff neil feck knows how that has happened 

5 hours ago, neil r said:

I spoke to my mate on the phone on Monday night and told him I’d go over this morning . Just about to set off and I thought I’d check the Apple news bit on my phone before I go and clocked this underneath the weather . How would Apple maps know I was going there this morning without monitoring the phone call  , it’s not like I used the app to find his house because I know where he lives . Is there a legit reason this would happen or do I need to get the tinfoil out 

B6272638-FA47-46EC-A358-28885970B5B0.png

Voice recognition software. The same thing that does voice to text and allows you to dial handsfree via Bluetooth. They're not listening as such the device is programmed that way but it is technically recording.

4 hours ago, king said:

i would say it matters when your conversations can be recorded without your consent.

You've probably consented by skip reading the user agreement in the software and hit I agree at the bottom. If you didn't sign a user agreement it's probably hardwired into the phone and you consent by using their product.

Google is being investigated over here for tracking phones. Apparently, when you turn off the location setting it doesn't turn it off.

Smart phones smart TVs Alexa they all listen in ... there was a case in America where the FBI proved a mass murder in a house by getting a judge to make apple release the audio from one of the Alexa machines. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Voice recognition software. The same thing that does voice to text and allows you to dial handsfree via Bluetooth. They're not listening as such the device is programmed that way but it is technically recording.

You've probably consented by skip reading the user agreement in the software and hit I agree at the bottom. If you didn't sign a user agreement it's probably hardwired into the phone and you consent by using their product.

Google is being investigated over here for tracking phones. Apparently, when you turn off the location setting it doesn't turn it off.

yea i allways scroll to the bottom of the user agreement and tick the box.

10 minutes ago, socks said:

Smart phones smart TVs Alexa they all listen in ... there was a case in America where the FBI proved a mass murder in a house by getting a judge to make apple release the audio from one of the Alexa machines. 

so the alexa must be constantly recording and thats being stored somewhere.

remember seeing a programme before about an a lqaeda leader that the usa was after in afgan i think it was.they had a few seconds of voice recording of the guy.

and they set up some type of voice recognition on the network covering every single call made in the whole country.

3yrs i took for the computer to ping and let them know the same voice just made a call.

they caught him on that 1 phone call.

and that was yrs ago todays technology must be way more advanced than that now.

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

How would it know I was going to sandfield road though . I haven't put his address in my contacts and I’ve only put his first name in the contacts aswell and neither of us mentioned it during the call , all I said was I’d nip over this morning . The only time I’ve used his address on my phone was when I used WhatsApp to send it to another mate earlier on this year 

I was in London this morning,rush hour,sitting on the train and 80% of people were on their phones,i actually thought about it,all that personal data that's being collated somewhere by someone about individuals who are losing their individuality,i didn't see one person reading a paper or a book,years ago you always saw newspapers,now its tapping away on their phones constantly.