Antibiotics

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive sorted him out..... And jabbing dogs is only for a vet to do?no need this day and age plenty of alternatives . Hes a young lad just getting started, his dads in a bad way so he got alot on a minut

As an aside…. In the USA you can pretty much buy anything you want across the counter, whether that be puppy shots or antibiotics. A couple of years back I was staying/hunting with a friend over there

Because most folks dont have a clue and jab a dog up  for the slightest thing, in the end it is not effective.... And also if your door goes through for what ever reason, penicillin and needles in the

Because my dad has cancer mate so all my money is going to him to help in his last days, otherwise she would be down the vet. She ripped her stitches nine days after being spayed so I want them to lower the risk of infection after I've cleaned and glued her up. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive sorted him out..... And jabbing dogs is only for a vet to do?no need this day and age plenty of alternatives . Hes a young lad just getting started, his dads in a bad way so he got alot on a minute. The dogs been spayed and pulled out the stitches , hes panicking just wants to do his best?he makes some damn good catapults does Darren ?

Why do you say jabbing dogs is only for a vet to do ? 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Legally I think only a vet is allowed to jab an animal but commen sense and time served tells me be sensible and get yo know how to look after your animals in the absence of a vet .Well done to our resident vet DC .

Legally you can treat your own dog ... you can inject your own animal as long as your competent to do so .. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Chid said:

12 hours ago, Chid said:

Because most folks dont have a clue and jab a dog up  for the slightest thing, in the end it is not effective.... And also if your door goes through for what ever reason, penicillin and needles in the fridge you be up on neglect charges.... Any one if confident can jab a dog... Dont need to shout it out on www?

• Like 4

Unless you are trained and can prove such  then it is illegal to treat your dog UNLESS it is a matter of life or death .I don't agree with it but that's the way it is .Commen sense and a basic understanding of first aid for dogs will do away with the need for vet treatment but trying to do some of the more serious things can get you right in the shit .Open forum isn't the place to discuss this though. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Unless you are trained and can prove such  then it is illegal to treat your dog UNLESS it is a matter of life or death .I don't agree with it but that's the way it is .Commen sense and a basic understanding of first aid for dogs will do away with the need for vet treatment but trying to do some of the more serious things can get you right in the shit .Open forum isn't the place to discuss this though. 

No it’s not .. 

• Like 1
On 09/09/2018 at 21:20, Chid said:

Legally you can treat your own dog ... you can inject your own animal as long as your competent to do so .. 

They tried to charge me for jabbing my own dog, you shouldn't jab unless under the supervision of a vet, and then only when competent to do so.

This is where you'll come up against the grey area......what's competent  ?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, dillydog said:

They tried to charge me for jabbing my own dog, you shouldn't jab unless under the supervision of a vet, and then only when competent to do so.

This is where you'll come up against the grey area......what's competent  ?

No, that's wrong, they can try and charge all they like but will come unstuck in court, it's perfectly legal to jab your own animals, farmers have been doing it for years.