Many of you using a thermal ?

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Is that what they suspected you were fishing for?A moonfish?

Iol, obviously not, picture off the net showing heat they give off..... wye is a big salmon river, and they shit hot checking folks aint poaching them. Last month they found a net set few inches under the surface..... 160 odd dead barbel and other fish, pike, chub, trout, salmon, carp?if your taking one for the pot then sound, but there's some right f***ing scum bags about pulling strokes like the net. 

• Like 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does the word hunt mean nothing to anyone anymore......

Me on the river with a gaf??

I know a little about netting salmon from what I have read on here  When I said birds I didn't mean next doors wife through her bedroom windows

Posted Images

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Iol, obviously not, picture off the net showing heat they give off..... wye is a big salmon river, and they shit hot checking folks aint poaching them. Last month they found a net set few inches under the surface..... 160 odd dead barbel and other fish, pike, chub, trout, salmon, carp?if your taking one for the pot then sound, but there's some right f***ing scum bags about pulling strokes like the net. 

I know a little about netting salmon from what I have read on here :)

36 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Likewise they can't see through windows. The thermal image is that of the window.

When I said birds I didn't mean next doors wife through her bedroom windows :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I do talk to some of the fellas that fish the canal beside me and they say their sick of pulling nets full of fish out, fcuking polish leave nothing in the water cnuts take swans the lot

3 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I do talk to some of the fellas that fish the canal beside me and they say their sick of pulling nets full of fish out, fcuking polish leave nothing in the water cnuts take swans the lot

Wankers pete, im a bailiff on a lake and the club stretches on the wye and ive caught loads over the yrs and f****d them off, theres  normally 2 other lads i fish with who enjoy a ruck?so sometimes it gets emotional ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Wankers pete, im a bailiff on a lake and the club stretches on the wye and ive caught loads over the yrs and f****d them off, theres  normally 2 other lads i fish with who enjoy a ruck?so sometimes it gets emotional ?

There's an old quarry near me that was full of fish I remember when I was a kid we'd pull fish out of it all day every day I got 9 or 10 with the one maggot in less than 5 minutes there was only the skin left of it, if you were up there now everyday for a month you be lucky to get one the cnuts have it empty 

I've got one for work (I'm a keeper) and they are handy, I use mine with the rifle, but I always take it lamping with the lurcher too. Handy for getting up to lampshy quarry, and also useful for keeping light disturbance down when free lancing!  Had an hour stand off when me and the head keeper were eyeballing each other from across a valley.... happy days!

• Like 3