‘Oh no, he’s got a gun, he’s got a gun,’” Lucky thing.

Bystander with gun stops shooting at Florida park

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.

The Titusville Police Department said in a news release the man was involved in a fistfight with another person at the Issac Campbell Park and left around 5:20 p.m. -- only to return with a gun minutes later and start shooting.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park. This could have been so much worse.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/06/florida-armed-bystander-stops-gunman-at-crowded-back-to-school-event-at-park-police-say.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why didn't the bystander give him the whole magazine. Or flip out his knife and cut the gunmans throat to  ale sure ? It would have saved the hospital a lot of cash working on the vermin and then a court case and then prison .  The gunman will probably sue the bystander for restricting his civil rights.

11 hours ago, Meece said:

Why didn't the bystander give him the whole magazine. Or flip out his knife and cut the gunmans throat to  ale sure ? It would have saved the hospital a lot of cash working on the vermin and then a court case and then prison .  The gunman will probably sue the bystander for restricting his civil rights.

Yeah, that's probably not what's going to happen.

On 08/08/2018 at 10:13, Meece said:

The gunman will probably sue the bystander for restricting his civil rights.

Not sure how it works in Florida but here in Utah you're pretty much f*ck*d if you're trying to play civil rights and 'felony' in the same card. Our castle doctrine is among the strongest in the nation to the point that if you break into my house and die committing the felony I can sue your family to clean the blood from my carpet.

Most of the other states see a CCW holder stopping an active shooter as civic duty.

• Like 2

I've got a cousin in Florida who was a correctional facility deputy and her husband is DEA and pretty much if you step on somebody's lawn out there they will shoot you dead no problem.    

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:51, Gav said:

And that's  why we should be allowed to all carry pistols in the uk

I'm not sure your society is advanced enough yet. ☺️

12 minutes ago, socks said:

I've got a cousin in Florida who was a correctional facility deputy and her husband is DEA and pretty much if you step on somebody's lawn out there they will shoot you dead no problem.    

Not even in Fort Lauderdale socks.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:38, ChrisJones said:

Helping restore faith in journalism.

TL:DR The numbers aren't being reported correctly.

From the Chicago Tribune. ( A paper that should know a thing or  two about shootings)

Even one school shooting is one too many, but if we can’t deal in truths and facts and agree on these realities, why bother having a discussion? This kind of reporting represents no real intent to find solutions — only another opportunity to “show up” the other side and cast blame. Then, when and if we do agree on a “solution,” and the problem continues, we start all over again, pointing fingers and accomplishing nothing.

— Tony Blasco, Lemont

• Thanks 1