How many take the dog

With the weather the way it is just wandering if you lads take the dog out , I have took mine and plenty of fresh water , and I have found its too much for her.  A dozen retrieves or so and I think that enough for her. 

To me it just don't seem fair , so she's grounded until further notice, may be I'm been soft 

I'm struggling with the heat and I'm only sat in the hide . Not running around the field ! 

So , do you or don't you 

Atb 

I find that the stupid mutt (spaniel)  doesn't  / won't drink water and quite often wants to go and lay in the sun rather than lay in the shade. After a while the sun gets to much and then there is a period of restlessness.  When this happens I put the hose nozzle onto  mist and work the mist sprày into the fur. The spaniel likes this and soon settles down.

Yep the dog comes out every time , she lays down in the shade of the hide , I take plenty of water and we stop and have a pick up rather than retrieving all the time ..and being a lab any water it’s in ! 

CCBD16C2-4D82-4E67-952F-5D898A162892.thumb.jpeg.4374112afa382dcfb0a6aeab7983c76b.jpeg

• Like 1

There will be hundreds of keepers up and down the country putting tens of miles a day into their spaniels, heat or not, starting very shortly. I think you just have to judge how the dog is responding to the heat, ensure it's regularly getting a swim in a water course or cattle trough and taking on plenty of fluid too.

Some dogs handle heat well and it don't always make sense regarding coat either. The truth probably is that dogs that are used to working in such weather probably adapt to it.

• Like 2