Most Rabbits Caught in daytime. ?

Guest vin

20 hours ago, shaaark said:

Hah, north then. You wouldn't have had the same results down south, FACT

Totally agree,a mutt that as the opportunity to catch a vast amount of bunnys amidst a vast amount of bunny,s is a second rate mutt to a mutt that catches less but better,i know you will understand what im getting at.I kept company with some fecking dross jukels that mullered vast amounts of rabbits in the dales,early 80,s,lurchers that i would not feed accounted for a thousand plus rabbits in a season,in an area that these mutts would have had to use their nose,run harder,twist and turn better etc.etc. they would have been found out and thats a fact.As my griping example of a mutt and owner i detested with a vengeance,another story,the spud dog owned by Hosker caught many,many thousands of rabbits in the Dales at that time,the dog was a turd.The bitch i owned at the time i set my standards at what i wish from a runner,she caught over 300 daytime hares in a season for a few seasons,she worked with the ferrets,no nets,and accounted for vast amounts of bunny,s,the majority she worked up and pushed to ground,she was useless on fox,retrieved many a grouse,live to hand,of the local moors,mullered daytime pheasant and was an Einstein lamping bitch,she caught 15 rabbits the first time i took her lamping,and started to run the beam after about 7 runs,again in the dales.Id tell you about her highest figures on bunny,s and hares,pheasant and grouse and you and a few others would question my honesty.Would she have been as useful on ground where she would have had to graft harder and longer for a less rewarding bag,she spent the majority of her hunting cycle on such land.The dales made a few reputations,dogs and men,mostly unjustified.As you rightly pointed out far better dogs caught far,far less than the majority of the jukels running the Dales,geez though ive witnessed mutts up there that would have put any lurcher to shame,nort,south,east or west.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just working reed beds the old dog sleeping on the rabbits on the second picture Was a hard day for him lol 42 caughtb

The good old bad old days,we used to go all over,fanatic rabbiters,caithness,sutherland,perthshire,she borders,weardale,teesdale,north Yorkshire,malham,all over the dales,i think it would be very diff

Love it up there dan can watch the eagles great place to work dogs 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What a lot shite, an for record the rabbits down south are that easy there’s none left ffs???

Before the advent of the tinternet the majority of folk hunted a lurcher to further only their own ambition,the nuggets were easily found out and it soon got around on the grapevine the mush to ignore.The tinternet is the salvation of ego,s,feckwits and chancers and the majority on sites like this don,t have a fecking clue and aspire to be a tinternet legend,many rise to their ambition because of the nuggets that feed their ego.Back in the day the road to Hawes and beyond was a path some serious folk tramped to further their hunting ambition and nobody ever knew,apart from a few like minded souls,how many on here now have like minded souls?seriously how many?.This site is a useful learning curve for a few genuine souls,the rest we suffer with,as long as a minority are still dedicated enough to test themselves as hard as they wish to test their jukels then a few folk will post the odd post to ridicule the twats on here and encourage the right sort to further their ambitions and strive to put a little more in front of their lurcher,if that means sacrificing a beer or a curry,an whore house or a wedding,to put the brass into petrol and venturing further from their comfort zone,then that will find a few folk out.The lurcher is possibly the greatest thing god created,apart from tits,real ale,bagpipes or a brass band,a blow job or a roast beef dinner,an FA cup final or Steve Ovett passing a world class field again.Few folk have the ability or ambition to get the most from their lurcher charges,or wish to pass on the breeding and aspirations to their kin and kinship,they just visit sites like this to become known.

Just now, W. Katchum said:

I’m sure ye can say why ye sayin in less words? I honestly got bored less than half way down?? ? 

if ye waffling about dales ye wasting ye breath I live, work an hunt here, ye talk about pretenders being found out yet ye refuse to walk out with anybody??????

I walk out with folk,i just don,t walk out with anybody.

? Well, this debate is all getting a tad serious for me,...and all's I would say is that...Darn Sarf,.we don't have many areas where rabbits sit out to be hunted up, by a lurcher dog.  Facts are, it's not complicated really, it is just a geographical truism.....

I've hunted over much of the UK and can say, with some certainty, that a genuine working style lurcher can usually adapt to any given location,.as can his owner.?

1555947975_scan0093(1).thumb.jpg.0e1b577e14c0ff0f531f129d215a0e33.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Well unless ye willing to, don’t try an make out ye know anything about them, that’s foolish pal?

The folk i keep company with i respect because of the mutts in their kennels,thats as foolish as ill ever be,do you know how the dogs became respectable?,over many generations,seasons and days aiding and assisting each other.The folk i keep company with earnt their stripes at the coal face,im all for aiding and assisting others,many of my closest hunting companions tagged along and learnt a thing or two off moi,further down the years i learnt a thing or two from them and they took my lad under their tutorship many years later,why the feck would i wish to keep the company of somebody that already knows everything and will learn me feck all but anguish.Ill not keep company with anybody now,ive a small and honest clique to keep me honest,apart from Nicky,my lad is making his way now and lets the odd un tag along,he,s more sceptical than me though and is harsh on nuggets,ill ask him to hold your hand and walk a wood or pasture with you just so that you can get the attention that you so desire,prick.

The good old bad old days,we used to go all over,fanatic rabbiters,caithness,sutherland,perthshire,she borders,weardale,teesdale,north Yorkshire,malham,all over the dales,i think it would be very difficult to replicate those days down here in the south even if you had the inclination,our dogs wer average,but the ground was ideal and rabbit numbers were ridiculous.

post-1930-1210773823_thumb.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

What's the point of forums to share your days or nights out 20151025_082517.thumb.jpg.ba7096107ae52a6ea649fd703f044e1d.jpg

The point of sites like this N is to read posts that you have some affinity with and recognise the fact that,that mush knows his onions,then muller the nuggets that wish to be acknowledged as the new salvation of the modern lurcher,i read your posts and acknowledge the same affinity i have to my memories in the field,others i have nothing but contempt for and often have an ignorant habit of stating such.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Morton why did ye try an ridicule folk few years ago for owning wheaten lurchers saying terrier had no place in a lurcher?? Then after advertising for somebody to feel pity for ye an let ye use yer young pup over there bitch got ye nowhere you are now breeding it to a wheaten lurcher, but in another thread ye called a lad stupid an said he was jumping in band wagon for wanting a wheaten lurcher ??

thats jist one time off top me head ye have made yaself look a Pratt, your a walking contradiction an not in a good way?

Id not have Wheaten blood in my lurcher,especially as ive become better acquainted with the Wheaten.Rather than lose the vinegar in his lurcher,my son,he will cover HIS wheaten with HIS dog,that i bred.If that makes me accountable for what you think you know,but know feck all about,then crack on.Your suited to this site mush.

Edited by morton
4 minutes ago, morton said:

Id not have Wheaten blood in my lurcher,especially as ive become better acquainted with the Wheaten.Rather than lose the vinegar in his lurcher,my son,he will cover HIS wheaten with HIS dog,that i bred.If that makes me accountable for what you think you know,but know feck all about,then crack on.Your suited to this site mush.

Of course he's suited to it, it's his life afterall. ?

46 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

? Well, this debate is all getting a tad serious for me,...and all's I would say is that...Darn Sarf,.we don't have many areas where rabbits sit out to be hunted up, by a lurcher dog.  Facts are, it's not complicated really, it is just a geographical truism.....

I've hunted over much of the UK and can say, with some certainty, that a genuine working style lurcher can usually adapt to any given location,.as can his owner.?

1555947975_scan0093(1).thumb.jpg.0e1b577e14c0ff0f531f129d215a0e33.jpg

Another from the archives P, doppleganger for a couple ive had the fortune to own and exercise.

• Like 1