• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like a dexter wedge for the bass some thing you lob out  a fair way if needed. Seems to work well for them. Good in lower tidal parts of rivers Might pump some blacks and have a dabble fo

If spinning for Bass off rocks or beach I would use a 2 to 2 3/4lb carp rod with a 28g Toby first light or at twylight . Day time same lure for Mackrell, Silver day time a White one for low light.

I was out Friday and Sunday, had a few mackerel, lots of bream and a few rays

Posted Images

16 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Are they showing anywhere yet.?

My mate and I spent a day down Long Quarry Torquay  the other day fishing for Plaice or Smooth Hounds, put some fliers down for Mackerel. One Gar one Mackerel and one whoopsy Silver Bar. We could see Hopes Nose from where we were only three or four chicken chucker down there so not many, the open coast seems a bit dead at the moment.

CIMG0369.thumb.JPG.39c1cd98cadbf7c2ae9d0f4872654ea2.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Arry said:

My mate and I spent a day down Long Quarry Torquay  the other day fishing for Plaice or Smooth Hounds, put some fliers down for Mackerel. One Gar one Mackerel and one whoopsy Silver Bar. We could see Hopes Nose from where we were only three or four chicken chucker down there so not many, the open coast seems a bit dead at the moment.

CIMG0369.thumb.JPG.39c1cd98cadbf7c2ae9d0f4872654ea2.JPG

Cheers Arry

They will soon show up down there Arry. Some lovely spots down that way. 

• Like 1
On 21 May 2018 at 20:49, white van man said:

They will soon show up down there Arry. Some lovely spots down that way. 

Still grim on the Mackerel front down here in fact very little coming in from shore. My mate looked down at Hopes Nose the other day nobody down there a really bad sign.

Cheers Arry

17 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Sharks have ate them all ?

Think somebody has poisoned the sea its quiet. Did see some Mullet up the river today lets hope it picking up. Out tomorrow for a try.

Cheers Arry

The sea was thick with may water when I was out with White Van Man last week..

should pick up once it clears a bit, plus that freezing start to the year has slowed it all up..

a mate of mine had a couple of half decent bass and a nice pollack off Ladrham last week

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

should pick up once it clears a bit, plus that freezing start to the year has slowed it all up..

a mate of mine had a couple of half decent bass and a nice pollack off Ladrham last week

My parents had a mobile home down there.some kid about 10 walked into the shop in the cliff and asked the man what it was that he'd caught...i forgot the weight but it was a big bass.i remember the bloke was excited.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Yea noticed it on the line Tuesday we were down South Side Berry Head. The baits coming back untouched, flyers down nothing not even shit fish. But bird were going mental on the tide line. I know of some commercial boat rod and line boys that are really doing well on the Bass, not sure of their mark but have a good idea.

Newkid did you get pm from me about a week ago about comp?

Cheers Arry

12 hours ago, Arry said:

Yea noticed it on the line Tuesday we were down South Side Berry Head. The baits coming back untouched, flyers down nothing not even shit fish. But bird were going mental on the tide line. I know of some commercial boat rod and line boys that are really doing well on the Bass, not sure of their mark but have a good idea.

Newkid did you get pm from me about a week ago about comp?

Cheers Arry

Sorry mate, not been on much I’ll check messages