No Warrant? No Worries!

The police have been utilizing data extraction technology which can download the entire contents of a person's phone. The program is designed to download the entire phone contents when searched at the local station regardless of whether you're a witness or a suspect and will retrieve location data, conversations on encrypted apps, call logs, emails, text messages, photographs, passwords and internet searches.

The Met has been using this since the 2012 Olympics and it's now being used by 26 forces across the country. The current law forbids the search of premises without a warrant but the technology is newer than the law and has no protections at all. Handy now that the average phone contains more personal information than the house does.

I'm sure these powers will never be abused, though. They've assured us.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But that's my point Bf, in the past until you became a person of interest physical surveillance was not required.  Now they have data surveillance by way of data collection going on in the background

Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys - if a few naughty texts between me and the missus, some xhamster searches and, googling about washing and lubing pellets gives them their jollys, crack on

There is no due process involved with these powers. If you have 'unwanted' contact with the police, for any reason, they can access your private information, without having to show a probable cause fo

Posted Images

The police state truly moves ever closer.............

I keep saying it - though crime isn't far away !

("V for Vendetta" was on again last night - "Enemy of the State" is on again this evening ! Someone trying to tell us something ?)

4 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yep after this contracts up in 3 months be the last smart phone i have. Back to the old nokia disposables 

I use the same Samsung Galaxy Ace I've used for 6 or 7 years - never use internet etc on it, unregistered, PAYG - calls and texts only ! Can't beat a good burner phone !

13 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

("V for Vendetta" was on again last night - "Enemy of the State" is on again this evening ! Someone trying to tell us something ?)

It's one of those algorithms sifting through your search history. You'll know I'm right if Red Dawn pops up in the next few days! :laugh:

Just now, ChrisJones said:

It's one of those algorithms sifting through your search history. You'll know I'm right if Red Dawn pops up in the next few days! :laugh:

It was on a few weeks ago ! :icon_eek:

I'm going to stop  looking up, so the satellites can't use facial recognition on me..........

(Got any of that THL Tough Foil left ?)

1 minute ago, Blackbriar said:

It was on a few weeks ago ! :icon_eek:

I'm going to stop  looking up, so the satellites can't use facial recognition on me..........

(Got any of that THL Tough Foil left ?)

Plenty in my shed secret underground bunker!

Good news though. Having a beard helps to thwart facial recognition software. They're now equally useful for the paranoid alternative thinkers as they are for hipsters!

post-22-0-51395100-1450204820.jpg

13 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yep after this contracts up in 3 months be the last smart phone i have. Back to the old nokia disposables 

Always had an old nokia throw-away,i have known some guys get into a lot of trouble over whats on their phones.

6 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Plenty in my shed secret underground bunker!

Good news though. Having a beard helps to thwart facial recognition software. They're now equally useful for the paranoid alternative thinkers as they are for hipsters!

post-22-0-51395100-1450204820.jpg

,Shaved the beard off last week ! Bugger - don't look up, don't look up, don't look up...........

I'm not paranoid - I just don't trust a single one of you f***ers !

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Always had an old nokia throw-away,i have known some guys get into a lot of trouble over whats on their phones.

Me too mate big trouble.... some people would rather be caught red handed rather than caught with there phones they said its the first thing to get flushed ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

The police have been utilizing data extraction technology which can download the entire contents of a person's phone. The program is designed to download the entire phone contents when searched at the local station regardless of whether you're a witness or a suspect and will retrieve location data, conversations on encrypted apps, call logs, emails, text messages, photographs, passwords and internet searches.

The Met has been using this since the 2012 Olympics and it's now being used by 26 forces across the country. The current law forbids the search of premises without a warrant but the technology is newer than the law and has no protections at all. Handy now that the average phone contains more personal information than the house does.

I'm sure these powers will never be abused, though. They've assured us.

You've been out the UK too long mate. Let me catch you up..... NOBODY gives a f**k for liberty these days! NOBODY! It's just not important, lol. :laugh::laugh:   :cray::sorry:

'Classical liberalism'.... nope never heard of it!

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You've been out the UK too long mate.

True dat innit! :laugh:

Interestingly, or maybe not reading the responses, this overreach is covered by the 4th amendment. Clever men those rebels.

17 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

True dat innit! :laugh:

Interestingly, or maybe not reading the responses, this overreach is covered by the 4th amendment. Clever men those rebels.

That's all well and good for you............

...........but if you live in a country where there is no constitution to amend ?

2 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

That's all well and good for you............

...........but if you live in a country where there is no constitution to amend ?

Bit of a pickle isn't it. A good libertarian will fix that! :thumbs: