Skoda Yeti.

4 hours ago, sussex said:

Skoda are now owned by Volkswagen...have been 1994 ..before that the only good  thing they produced was jokes ..got a great name now for reliability..

The 1.9tdi was a great engine the 2.0 tdi engines that skoda vw audi and seat use are much less reliable and very expensive to fix when they do go wrong.

• Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're looking for something as a runabout for the Mrs, and kids look no further than one of these... The M35, or Deuce and a Half as they're affectionately known, is considered a medium

I looked at them yetis but looked a little small for the family camping trips. Have just bought a Subaru legacy 2.0d 2010 very spacious, all the mod cons etc quick, looks sporty and fits around t

Skoda are now owned by Volkswagen...have been 1994 ..before that the only good  thing they produced was jokes ..got a great name now for reliability..

Posted Images

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

The 1.9tdi was a great engine the 2.0 tdi engines that skoda vw audi and seat use are much less reliable and very expensive to fix when they do go wrong.

Had an a4 tdi very realible 

Great car to own and drive 

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Old pd diesel engines were bombproof ?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Had a4 sport line on a 02,never missed a beat. 

They were gooduns.Anything after 06 not so good.Ive had an Octavia and a caddy van both with the 2.0tdi and all I did was throw money at them and I've now got an A4 S Line with the 2.0tdi and I'm permanently wondering how long till something f****d up.I really want a vw T5 to convert into a camper but I'm nervous about having anything else with a VAG 2.0tdi engine.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, downsouth said:

They were gooduns.Anything after 06 not so good.Ive had an Octavia and a caddy van both with the 2.0tdi and all I did was throw money at them and I've now got an A4 S Line with the 2.0tdi and I'm permanently wondering how long till something f****d up.I really want a vw T5 to convert into a camper but I'm nervous about having anything else with a VAG 2.0tdi engine.

Don't they do a 2.5 /2.7?

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Don't they do a 2.5 /2.7?

They do a 2.5  5 cylinder but heard mixed reviews about them.I know a few of the lads rate the older 1.9 but theyre a bit old hat now.Got to at least have air con and a 6speed box.

• Like 1

My mate got the 3.0 tdi from A5 in his crew cab T3, 6 speed box all the bells and whistles:thumbs: got a few vans then running subaru legacy 2.5 twin turbos and sti prodrives, get shunned by the die hard air cooled lot at the shows:rofl:

6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Old pd diesel engines were bombproof ?

A mate who’s a mechanic has an old Octavia ex taxi that has over 260000 miles on it and still going and it gets abused. Lol. Bits and pieces fall off it constantly and the electrics are shot but the engine is flying.

• Like 1