Devon Minnow

Does anyone use hand lines

On 21 January 2018 at 19:50, forest of dean redneck said:

Somewhere I got couple of those BCB survival fishing kits ,only paid couple quid for them.they are quite good not like usual gimmicks.

Just bought one they look alright £3.12

• Like 1

Just returned from holiday in Nerja in southern Spain took two cuban yoyo reels with me, one with 20lb line and other 8lb line. First two days try spinning and bait fishing off the rocks into about 15 foot of water absolutely gin clear but no luck but seen mullet cruising around. Whilst fishing one local came down with a rod and French stick loaf and 4 wine corks for a float. The size of French stick the put on was massive a 10lb cod would have had trouble swallowing it. However he keeled ground baiting with smaller bits and the water boiled with fish.

Had to wait a further two days dew to weather, this time went back with 8lb setup, small clear bubble float and size 6 hooks plus bread, I tried always but the fish just stripped hook bare must have had 10-15 takes, tried smaller hooks made no difference. In end changed to a size 2 and second cast into a bream about 3/4lb and then a second one about pound mark, I was the only one to land fish.

• Like 1

I got a few handlines.pulled fish out of places you wouldn't even think there were fish. This is the last fish I had on the handlines. Alot bigger than the photo shows. 

IMG_20190226_193528_098.jpg

• Like 7

On 08/05/2019 at 15:47, darrren said:

I got a few handlines.pulled fish out of places you wouldn't even think there were fish. This is the last fish I had on the handlines. Alot bigger than the photo shows. 

IMG_20190226_193528_098.jpg

Lovely looking brownie, bet that was fun to catch

• Like 1

the best bag of roach ive ever had came from a tiny river in Suffolk when I was working away, it was next to a malt factory!!

had some hooks in me bag and there was a spool of line free with an anglers mail or something so I tapped a napkin full of sweetcorn from the digs and had a bash,

if id had a phone at the time it would a cracking cover photo, must of had over a dozen all over 1lbd only stopped cos the rats were trying to nick me bait as it got darker:bad:

and no I didn't grow up poaching a private trout river with hand lines either!!:laugh:

• Like 1